Ufc 100

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Childress79, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

But Mir has beaten Lesnar before so why couldn't they make him tap out?

Fedor could probably beat Lesnar but I could see White not book that fight until Fedor is past his prime to make Lesnar look good like he did with Randy Couture. Couture in his prime would kill Lesnar, Couture in his 40s not having fought in a year, not a chance.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Same reason Mir lost on Saturday, Lesnar learned his lesson. He certainly is no master of the ground game, but he's much smarter about keeping himself in good position and he seems wary of letting himself fall prey to a submission again.

It's easy to criticize how Lesnar got handed his shot at the title, BUT he is legit.

It's always funny to see White's plans fall through. I'm pretty sure Dana was hoping for Couture to beat Lesnar and Noguera to beat Mir so the epic Couture/Noguera fight could've been the heavyweight championship at UFC100. Oh well, the consolation fight at UFC102 will still be good!

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I got a chuckle when you mentioned Carwin :lol:

The dude was getting murdered by Gonzaga and got a lucky straight jab in against the cage. He's got some power, but if Gonzaga was beating him down that early in the first round just image what Brock will do, and he's got a tougher chin than Gonzaga.

And I don't see Velasquez being much of a threat, his whole schtick is the same as brock's, ground and pound, and Vel won't be able to take Brock down or keep him down long enough to do anything. Plus, Kongo knocked Vel down 3 times, which was just about every time he hit him standing up :lol:

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I agree with whoever said they should go the WWE route. This way it's interesting AND real, 2 things both sports seem to have problems doing at the same time.
    UFC needs what Brock Lesnar gave them the other night.

And hell, they already have the WWE fanbase...why not the antics?

5. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Yep Brock would make a perfect bad guy, he got everyone mad it him the other night.

Maybe someone else should start a WWE/MMA mixed show. I bet it would do good.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

No.
    This post fails miserably.
    In keeping tune with the WWE...Chris Benoit failed less as a father than your post fails in this thread.

Because if you had read the interview with White, you would know that he does not want those antics here. He already said this is about sportsmanship and fighters respecting one another. I'd say White will be about as strict on Lesnar's antics as Fisher will be on CJ's TD antics: as long as it doesn't mar the image of the organization, they will have a bit of leeway. But I just don't see White letting Lesnar or any of his fighters stir the pot like last Saturday.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It was still 1 fight and he still won.

For the most part people who watch UFC don't want all that junk in their product. Colorful personalities is one thing but being over the top like Lesnar was wont get any people to start watching, it's only going to turn people off because people will think "well it must be fake like WWE."

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dana White is a tool that knows zilch about respect, so thinking he's the law when it comes to these things is a joke.
    They shouldn't go full on WWE style, but having bad guys like Lesnar living up to the bad guy name is perfect.

I actually want to watch a UFC fight now just to see him rip someones arms off and drink from the openings, then throw them to the crowd. "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"

What's awesome is, even when Brock is doing the gay 'ground' stuff, he's punching- so it's not so homoerotic looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIoAe3IK6AA&feature=related

Yeah, THIS guy knows about class and how to act. He'll straighten Lesnar out.
    Oh, White also said Fedor sucks. I HATE Fedor, but he'd rape anyone in the UFC on his lunch break.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

He turned a failing enterprise into a billion dollar industry.
    He's now worth 200 million dollars. You aren't.
    He must be doing something right.
    You don't run an industry like that by being a weak spined, democratic type leader, just like you don't run the military that way.
    People are saying that he is the UFC's biggest problem by being too brash and will turn some way. IMO, those 'some' need to get thicker skin and stop being whiny little b###es that get butt-hurt too easily. Too many people (espeically in the U.S.) that are cry-babies anyway.
    400 some UFC fighters have no problem with the way Dana runs things, and seems to think he knows quite a bit about respect.
    Why do you think that just because someone is brash and abrasive, that they automatically don't know anything about respect. Why don't you go down to Parris Island and tell that to Marine DI's that yell at recruits in a far, FAR more abrasive manner than White ever could? :irked:

Show me where Dana said Fedor sucks. Pleeeeeease.
    Dana wouldn't be frantically trying to get Fedor to the UFC if he thought he sucked. :irked:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar