TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Finished season last night

To be fair, it's a comic thing so everybody is a caricature...
    Especially Mariah Stokes Dilliard. After seeing the rest, I think he was playing the long game of wooing Mariah until he could position himself to take over her empire, but realised it was a bad plan when she started negotiating her holdings away. When she went too far, he said "if you can't join em, then beat 'em..." Then the real Shades re-emerges during the witness interview.
    I'm confused about the end, though. The best I can figure is that Mariah thinks she got into Luke's head and that he will become what he hated after getting a taste of power. Seems like a setup for a Defenders civil war.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Preacher, season 3

Going about as I figured - convoluted. No idea what's going on and the new cadting is kind of... meh.

Unless they change things fast, this show is on track to low ratings and cancellation.

They changed TOO much from the source material, in my opinion.

#5622 RTH, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Only watched the premiere so far. I really like the show. I do agree they've strayed a bit too far from the source material though. But like I said I'm still enjoying it.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Finished up Glow season 2. Burned through it in two days. Show is fantastic. Now back to waiting.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Watched episode 2 last night... digging a deeper convoluted hole. Starting to become a mess.

Characters doing stupid stuff... did Jesse really think his plan would work? ... sigh.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm really disappointed with the way they handled Tulip's "death". The death and resurrection was such an awesome and memorable moment in the comics and they chose to go down a completely different path.

7. 8and8

8and8 Starter

I started the series last weekend and we’re already midway through Season 2. Pretty good show. Sam is hilarious.

That Back to the Future bit with Sam and the serving staff at the fundraiser was great.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Started watching the show Cheers.

They nail the nostalgic aspect. Makes you feel like you're really watching something from the early 90s.

Enjoying it.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

As in the one in the bar? It's set in the 80s I think.
    One of the greatest shows of all time

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kind of surprising how keen they were on social issues. 1982 and one of the first episodes knocks out a same sex/interracial couple issue all in one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar