TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I saw it, and it was annoying in that it was like "let's see how many twitter wars we can fit into the firsegment befor commercial!..."
    I never saw the original, so it was trippy seeing the same woman who plays Sheldon Cooper's evangelical mother being the leftist life coach type.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was surprised David didn't make it back for the new season of Rosanne

But its funny Debbie from Shamless found another broke TV family to get in with..

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I liked it. They did it tastefully enough, that both characters embodied both sides of the spectrum, and the show didn't attempt to show one of them as "right." and that they were still a family.

We'll see if it becomes as funny as the original, but I think it's off to a good start. As good as I could have hoped for, TBH. It undid (and mocked) the MOST DEPRESSING finale in TV history, and for that.. I'll be eternally grateful, even if the rest of the show stinks.

I'll keep watching.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. nickmsmith

I think they wanted to get that out of the way immediately, because Roseanne's political leanings were a big divisive point. And they completely defused it, by having Jackie play the exact opposite role, and pretty fairly represented and made fun of both extremes. Interesting thing is that in the original, Roseanne was the women's empowerment type (not stereotypical feminist, just a smartass), and Jackie was a cop.

The original is one of the best shows in TV history, IMO. Even though I am not a fan of Roseanne herself, the show she put together was great. Dan Conner is a legend. The show still holds up well. Also, the photos of the house and around the town they live in, are from my city. I put in an offer on the house in the show in 2008, but somebody made a cash offer and beat me to it.

David will be back for one episode, I've heard. I think he's still under contract for BBT, So I think his time is limited now.

#5434 nickmsmith, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

I haven't kept up with BBT, is Sheldons mom still around?

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Sheldon killed her. Show got dark.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. nickmsmith

to be honest, I've only seen like 1-2 episodes. I found it pretty irritating, especially Sheldon.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

for real?

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I don't know... never really watched it.

10. JCBRAVE

I mean its almost believable lol, tight ass like Sheldon finally snapping and killing his overbearing mother who shoves Jesus down his awkwardly long neck, cant be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar