Tragic News about Steve McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

McNair was the reason I coughed up 10 big for PSL's and got into watching pro football. The man had me on the edge of my seat at The Coliseum and at home every snap of the ball. There are too many OMG moments for me to list.

I don't care if he had marital problems or if this is a murder-suicide with a mistress. Nobody is perfect and McNair never pretended to be- that made me respect him as a person. But McNair was as close to perfect as a competitor on the field and as generous and loving a personality as a public figure could be. That is the memory that I will of him that I will remain loyal to regardless of what sensationalized information we hear in the next few days.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wow...I am just speechless.

I'll never forgot his days in Tennessee. The guy was a Titan.

3. iQon

iQon Starter

This one hit me hard. I became a Titans fan with this man under center; and nothing but great memories followed. He'll definitely be missed.

R.I.P.

4. deklin

deklin Camp Fodder

same as me man.

terrible news RIP my friend.

this season is for Steve – let's get it done

5. imbread

imbread Starter

toughest qb every hands down!!! miss ya buddy

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

My first sports hero and a class act. I'm shocked and stunned.... left work early today.

RIP Steve... we'll miss you.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Damn, it's true. Bad things happen to good people.

:shake:

RIP Stevie!

[​IMG]

8. Lauree

Lauree Camp Fodder

I can't even express my sadness over this news. Just stunned. And although its been a very very long time since I've really been on any Titans forums etc... this wonderful old stomping ground was the first place with many of the familiar faces I felt the need to touch base with.

I'm sure I will post more soon along with some Titans photos from the golden early days ... but for now I just wanted to be a part of the circle as we mourn the tragic passing of this man who means so much to us all.

Lauree Leyland
    (Formerly of TitansExclusive.com)

9. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Ravens say McNair was warrior, friend (AP)

Steve McNair played only two seasons with the Baltimore Ravens, yet the courage, determination and leadership he displayed during that time made a lasting impression on those within the organization. McNair was shot and killed in Tennessee on Saturday. The news stunned some of his former teammates, who remembered the quarterback as a warrior on the football field and a friend in the locker room.

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar