Tragic News about Steve McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Is there anyway we could add a McNair memorial banner to the top of the site?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I can't speak. I worked on the same floor as him (he has the Steve McNair foundation) and I saw him less than a week ago. Its so sad because he was with his children and they were all smiling.

That is one thing I will never forget, that Steve McNair smile...RIP.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

4. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

I wasn't going to post, but I need to talk about it. Steve's death is such a shock. I admired him for his incredible toughness, athletic ability, and will to win.

But he was also a friend.

I worked at the downtown Hooters when the Oilers first came to town and were having to drive to Memphis each weekend for home games. At that time, Steve was really not well known here and he could come into the restaraunt and very few folks would ask him for autograph. He would sit at the bar and we would talk, (it being an open kitchen). And not just about football. We both loved to fish and I would talk about fishing Superior and he would talk about fishing the gulf. I would cook stuff off the menu for him. (Cajun grilled shrimp was his favorite). Pretty soon we were hitting the clubs after I got off work.

The next year, the colosseum (Adelphia) opened and the team name changed to the Titans. As they started winning, Steve became more popular and he started bring Michelle and the kids in from time to time. We would still go out late on nights when he came in alone. Sometimes there were many cooks and Hooter girls that went out together, and sometimes just a couple of us. Many time neither of us should have drove home. :hmm:

That was an awesome season and Nashville grew to love the man. We still hung out thorugh 99 until I left Hooters to work for Dell. We kept in touch for the next year, but eventually both our cell numbers changed, we both got busy,and we just lost contact. It happens.

I know I will never forget what he did for the team, this city, but most of all I will never forget our friendship. Rest in Peace Steve.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We'll do something. I'm leaving town in the morning for a week but it'll be something I'll be thinking about. If anyone has any suggestions as to how we incorporate something to honor #9, please send it to my email or PM.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

7. everatitansfan

everatitansfan Camp Fodder

Steve will be greatly missed! Sending prayers to his family!

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

This is a very sad and shocking time for family, friends and fans of Mac. Despite the rumors and truths that surround this awful incident, he was a man that was loved by his wife, his children, his family and friends. I can personally say that Mac always had a smile when I saw him, just positive. He took care of not only his wife and children, but also his family.

For anyone who personally knew this family, you are aware of the true devastation of this tragedy. Mechelle is a strong woman who has the love and support of her Mother and sister. While no one can replace their Father, Steve's sons will also have many of Steve's former teammates and their Uncles to fill the void left by his death.

There will be some unfortunate things revealed in the next few days. I know many will be tempted to make unkind comments regarding what will be revealed. Please, let's try to keep Go Titans a true fan website and refrain from wallowing in the muck of gossip. His sons and family will be perusing the internet just to make sense of it all and hopefully this site will be a place that they can visit to see how their Father was thought of as a player and not a source of gossip and speculation.

• High Five High Five x 13
  9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I have for only one other celebrity when he died; Steve Irwin.
    This one is just as sad, and just as tragic and premature.

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I wonder how Vince is taking it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar