Torry Holt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by adams, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i posted this in the other thread 3 hours ago and someone deleted it.

they envy me .

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Did you break any rules?

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Will you still follow the team this season if someone else signs Holt?

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I applaud the front office for continuing to penny pinch and create value with its signings. However, at some point you have to admit to yourself that you simply aren't good at drafting or developing a certain position and paying full or even slightly above market value actually creates team value in the long run. That position for us is wide receiver. Let's get this done, its not going to break the bank or have an extreme amount of risk, and if there is a receiver in this league who has proved himself it's Torry Holt.

5. jessestylex

Titans to the NFL is like a women to the home, they have to keep everything in check and not break the bank.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

And, I think getting Holt would keep Washington honest...my guess is they would challenge the best out of each other being the two new WRs on the team.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Actually, this just says we SHOULD be in the mix. It doesn't say we ARE!

Big difference!

Gut

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yeah, because she'll just jump back onto Lendale's jock like she was over at the TOMB. :grrhee:

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If Holt is smart, he'll visit all the teams that 'want' him and get all his offers. If he doesn't like what he's hearing...he should try to play the Titans off vs the Jags to see who's gonna offer him more...as in.

I know you're offering X, but the Jags are offering 1.5x. I'd rather play for you guys...but I don't wanna leave that much money on the table. How about 1.25x? He could do the same thing with the Jags since the Jags won't know how much we're offering...

I think it's a good sign he didn't have a deal with Jax done immediately. That tells me 2 things...they aren't gonna break the bank for him and they are likely considering taking a WR with their first pick!

As long as we're offering him a decent amount and IF he wants to go out with another ring...his smartest move is to go with the Titans unless the Colts come calling...

Gut

10. jessestylex

it said he is in contact with all the teams that may want him, so if we are one of the teams , he is still in contact. Titans may just be in a bidding war. they let Holt get out and get offers then they might be upping the offer or Holt might not even find an offer the Titans have already given him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar