Top Ten Quarterbacks in the League...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

What's the criteria for being a Top Ten QB?
    QB rating, wins and losses, some other stats?

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I have trouble making the list. It depends what you're going to say you base it on. The whole "if you were making a team in what order would you want them" idea is biased against older QBs, since even if they're still decent, you know you wouldn't get long run value out of them. If you just look at passing, you overlook Vick and Young's major contributions to their game. The "leadership" factor, which so many of us rank young so highly in, is very iffy, and also gets biased on potential. A lot of these lists have set their own guidelines, and that's fine, but it makes them hard to compare.

I would agree with Starkiller though, Young had enough seriously bad games that I wouldn't put him in the top ten category yet.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Personal opinion

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1. Drew Brees
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Peyton Manning
    4. Carson Palmer
    5. Chad Pennington
    6. Phillip Rivers
    7. Tony Romo
    8. Donovan McNabb
    9. Marc Bulger
    10. Matt Hasselbeck

5. a lot of people used homerism also

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Homerism has a big effect on personal opinion. So it's ok.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I went with the old "your team is 6 points down with two minutes left ball is on your twenty, who do you want behind the center". Given that criteria VY has to be in my top ten.

Maybe I'm a homer, my glasses aren't usually that rosie, but I think with all Vince brings to the table he qualifies as a top ten QB regardless. If I pitted two equal teams against each other one QB'd by Trent Green, Ben Roethlisberger, Jon Kitna or whatever other upper midlevel QB you want to throw out there and the other squad is QB'd by Vince Young, I'm going to put my money on Vince every time. I guess I just drank too much of the kool-ade or something because I think he's got that special thing that goes beyond stats, that "refuse to lose" Elway, Montana like quality that can't be measured... When a play needs to be made Vince Young makes it.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

NO MC NABB OR ROETHLISBERGER OR MCNAIR IN THE TOP 10!!!

1.Manning,P
    2.Brady
    3.Brees
    4.Palmer
    5.Hasselbeck
    6.Bulger
    7.Pennington
    8.VY
    9.T. Green
    10.Alex Smith

Michael Vick Sucks.

Roethlisberger had a great offense around him, when he was great, get rid of plaxico Buress and a few other good WRs, and he's toast.

Tony Romo is overrated.

The only reason VY made mine is because he puts his team in the position to win. If this competition was best passer, He would not be near the conversation.Also if that were the case, Drew Brees would be #2 on my list.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Huard?

Riverman?

What we see every year is how this list changes so much as guys get older, new kids come in and guys get hurt.

Who would be on my list for sure? Manning-brady-brees-rothlisberger-palmer. Who doesn't deserve to be on it? Well career back up huard. Favre? No way.

I'm about to say something very politically incorrect but here it goes. Someone tell me why VY deserves to be on such a list but not micheal vick? Vick had a better passing rating last year and ran for 1039 yards! No QB has ever done that. And don't tell me vick is a loser he is not he has won more games than he has lost and has made the post season and won there!

Mcnair? Sorry not quite. No mention of byron leftwich? He is at least as good as today's mcnair.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My list..

1a Brady

1b Manning

3 Palmer

4 Brees

5 Hasselback

6 Bulger

7 Donovan mcnabb

8 Rothlisberger

9 Mike vick

10 Byron leftwich

First year starters don't qualify for my list. Young, romo, rivers need more than one year to be considered..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar