Too many wasted plays..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Exactly, what are you asking me, CJ lover?

2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Yup just about riding solo. Haha. For like the 1000th time though, I think he should be a complementary back. Oline is just terrible this season.....terrible!

3. pettso

pettso Starter

Our run blocking is bad. Yes, you are correct. There are a lot of other teams with bad run blocking. None of them have RBs that perform as poorly as CJ. He doesn't break tackles, he doesn't run fast (hell, he got caught by a d-lineman in his way to the sideline today) he is not explosive at all. You don't need numbers to see these things. The numbers sure do help the case.

To his other question, how does CJ do on screens and dump passes? Why don't you go ahead an answer it? He gets the ball in space and has not been able to break anything off. Ringer was actually able to make some plays and do something with the ball, CJ was not.

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I did answer it, please keep up. However I will copy and paste it for you

P.S. When has this team EVER been able to run a screen? And guess what part of the team pulls out to block for the screens??

CJ sucks on screens, CJ sucks at a lot of things including finding a hole when he has to be patient and finding it.

However Im not going to come here running my mouth without being able to back my opinions up, unlike so many others on this board. When I think something, I actually try to think it through instead of being a high school drama queen who will just run off and try to divert attention when asked a simple question.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

CJ is terrible too.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

Sorry, I missed your answer.

So if you had to grade CJ's running this season, not the offense's ability to run the ball as a whole, would you rate it as "good" or "bad"? Watching the effort out there makes me sad, he's not even attempting to break tackles.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Even if the OL is bad, CJ is the MAN, because he signed a great contract. He can get yards, regardless of the OL, right?

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. Even when he's in wide open space and the OL is completely out of the equation he still can't make people miss. I can't believe people are even trying to argue otherwise.

The dude is done.* Although it's not totally his fault. Many of us saw this coming over the past season or two as Fisher insisted on running him as if he were a 240 lb Eddie George clone.

* To clarify, I think he can play in this league for several more years. But only as a situational back. His days as an effective every down back are over.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. pettso

pettso Starter

One more thing, if this were someone like Ringer or Harper that was struggling, I'd be willing to cut them some slack and put more blame on the O-line. CJ is the self proclaimed "elite playmaker" and "every coach's dream" - he has shown no playmaking ability and has not made Munchak's job any easier this season. He's getting paid way too much money to not take any of the blame for the running game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Bad. I have watched CJ's videos from the past 3 years. He hits the hole hard and fast. When the holes are there, he performed like the CJ we know. When they are not there, we see what we have this season.

CJ IS slower, because he has to slow down and find that hole to try to get through. Honestly, I dont think hes bright enough to find it. Everyone could tell this from day one when he gave his interview though and he left us scratching our heads saying "what did he just say??"

For him to be the CJ we know, he NEEDS that great blocking or else he will be what we have right now.

Which would I rather have? I would rather have the line fixed, because no back is going to run well with this blocking. Its probably the worst blocking I have ever seen in my life.

People want to cut CJ? Fine, go ahead. However thats not going to fix the problem. Once that problem is fixed though, and the holes are big. Who do we want running the ball?

I do believe that if the blocking gets fixed, that CJ will be a good back again. Easily a top 10 back to be honest. Maybe Im wrong, maybe Im right. However what I DO know, is that if we dont fix this line, we will not have a running game no matter who is back there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar