Tom Brady = Old - Humphries Preferred MM8

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jun 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

It's funny, you want to point out one or two metrics to make your opinion of the overall player, but when CJ does this FOR Mariota you guys throw fit!

Here's my previous post on your comparison of what Mariota had with us versus Dallas...this is you acting like Cooper wasn't good because he wasn't racking up yards in Raidertown and you claiming our OL was as good OR BETTER than Dallas' OL since 2016 when Dak came into the league. And oh yeah...Dak didn't have anyone to throw to until Cooper this year...

"So your conclusion of...Cooper wasn't lighting it up with a QB who has better stats than Mariota, means? Cooper isn't good? LOL Cooper ripped it up since he's been on Dallas and has outplayed every receiver we had last year who played even half a year. Even with his bad Oakland start, Cooper finished with better stats than all of our wr's.

"Maybe having a qb who will actually throw the ball...?" Is this another poor attempt to reference your incorrect conclusion that Mariota wouldn't throw the ball unless there was 3 yards of separation? LOL I've knocked this down 2 times already and still waiting on an answer in that post. You think our receivers AVERAGING 3 yards of separation means he wouldn't throw the ball unless that was there...so does that mean Tom Brady WOULDN'T throw the ball unless Edelman was open by 3.3yards since that was his avg separation? Clearly not. Try something else!

Dak had no one to throw the ball to. This is one of my faves! Ever heard of a guy named Dez Bryant? Bryant wasn't at the top of his game in 2016, be he still put up comparable stats to CD. Cd had more catches and yards, but Bryant had double the TD's. But oh wait, Bryant was 3rd on their list. Cole Beasley had also similar production to CD (this year), Whitten added another 69 catches, TWilliams added another 44 catches for like 600 yards and oh yeah...Elliot added another 30+ catches. Looks like they had 5 guys to throw the ball to.

Look at who Mariota has had...not comparable.

And by the way, Dallas's players have changed over the years and they have NOT had the same OL since 2016 to now. And btw, going back to your silly suggestion our line was as good or better? They had 3 First Team all pros on their line in 2016.

But to answer your question...what has Dallas given Dak that we haven't given Mariota? A great OL, a 2k offensive weapon (Elliot), a consistent 1k receiver and a very good slot.

We have improved the OL this season and given Mariota a lot more weapons now...and with Walker back...hopefully we have more weapons than they do but we still don't have an Elliot type weapon.

And a 2k weapon is a heck of a lot better than a 1k rusher. And by the way, Elliot and Dak came into the league the same year so he's always had an excellent line and one of the best rushers in the NFL and plenty of receivers to throw the ball to. Mariota had 1 year of Murray running well (when he produced similar stats to Prescott)."

Response?

2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You are comparing the stats of our receivers to those who have a BETTER QB!!!!! The argument shouldn't be against our receivers. It should be about how Dak was able to get nearly 900 yards out of Cole Beasley, a WR who averaged 1.8 yards of separation (Corey Davis averaged 3.1 last year), and doubled Amari's production that he was getting with Carr in Oakland . There's pretty damning evidence that he's able to get a lot out of his guys. While Mariota can't even match Metterburg and Locker's production that they got out Delanie Walker most years

The WR's production depends on the productivity of the QB. Not vice versa. And the productivity of our quarterback SUCKS!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

So,what you’re saying is, we can expect Nick Williams to go on to be a star somewhere else this year...

Dammit Mariota, why are you holding back the great NICK WILLIAMS!!!

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Right, that's all he had. Not a top 5 TE, a #5 overall pick at WR, a WR who averaged 60 YPG with Tanne Hill the year before coming here (and had one of his best games as a titan with Cassell playing QB) , a pro bowl RB, top 5 OLs, etc. You guys are pathetic

• Troll Troll x 2
  6. Thaddeus43

Seriously though, arguing whether the WR makes the QB or the QB makes the WR is stupid.

Of course a great QB can make WRs look better and Bad WRs can make good QBs look worse, and vice versa

Obviously they both help/hurt each other. As do MANY OTHER aspects of the team(coaching, running game, etc) ... it’s not so simple as some people want to make it out to be.

Cooper helped Dak, Dak helped cooper. Just as much as cooper was struggling before coming to the cowboys, Dak was struggling as a passer (I already posted earlier how much Daks numbers increased when Cooper went to Dallas)

And sure, Cooper wasn’t having a great year with the Raiders, but he had shown he can be great in the past. He needed a change of scenery (no one looked good in oak last year)

Constructing and NFL team is like baking a cake. You need all the right ingredients for it to work. **** up 1 ingredient, and the whole thing suffers

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Thaddeus43

He never had all of those at the same time like you make it sound.

Top 5 TE that didn’t play at all last year

#5 WR that missed all of TC and most of his rookie year (it takes time for WRs to break out, can’t just slap “#5” like it automatically means he is great)

Matthews walked ... had him 1 year

A probowl RB ... his rookie year

Top 5 OL ... not last year

You act like he had all these things at the same time and had failed to produce. He has had some of these at various times.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Thaddeus43

Matthews averaged more yards per reception in TN than he did with Mia

Also, how many years did it take for him to finally break out with Tanne? 5years?

He had his 2nd best season as a pro with MM, and likely builds on that last year if he doesn’t walk

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He had them all in 17 (minus the RB). Matthews, Walker were still good. Davis had some injury issues, but we saw in game one that when Mariota actually threw the ball to him, he looked good. Mariota just became extremely gun shy after his injury. Our OL was actually #1 in the league that year in terms of dropbacks per QB knockdown. There was plenty to suggest that 13 TDs 15 INTs were not the fault of the players around him. He was just really bad.

• Troll Troll x 1
  10. Thaddeus43

I’m gonna give abc all the ingredients to make a cake.

This week I’ll give him eggs. In a month, after the eggs expire, I’ll give him butter.

I’ll give him milk, but spill it all on the floor when handing it to him.

I’ll give him some flour, but only half as much as what the recipe calls for.

When I come back and taste the cake he makes, I’ll exclaim “Wtf ABC, this tastes like ****, you are a terrible baker”

He’ll respond “but I didn’t have the right ingredients”

I will say “what do you mean? I gave you everything in the recipe ... you are just making excuses. You are a terrible baker and you are fired”

• Winner Winner x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar