Toby Gerhart

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What do you guys think of Toby? Not for the Titans to draft, just in general.

6'1 235lbs
    1,736 yards 26 TDs in one season. Wow.

Personally I think Gerhart needs to become a FB and hope a West Coast offense team drafts him. He's a great college RB but i'm not 100% convinced he can be a good NFL RB. Gerhart reminds me alot of Mike Alstott, both college RBs. Gerhart put on 10lbs and work on your blocking, you could be an amazing FB and goalline RB. Get 5-10 carries a game max, and a TD. (like what we did with LenDale last year, but less carries and at FB.)

I see him going 3rd to 4th round, to a team in need of a powerback/fullback.

What do you guys/girls think??

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

mike alstott.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not the best draft for him because there are a decent number of similarly ranked big backs in this draft like Anthony Dixon, Charles Scott.

I am going to refrain from automatically comparing him to the most similar white back i can find but i don't see how he couldn't do similar things for a team that lendale white has done. It all depends on how he does in the combine and what his 40 time is. Maybe he could be the next eddie George or jerome bettis.

The last thing he wants is to be made a fullback which is a glorified o-linemen in the league today. For a guy with those college numbers(He may win the heisman) to spend his career busting his head up against linebackers is a disappointment and nobody is going to draft him in the first 3 rounds just to play FB.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Top 2 backs in this draft will be Best and Spiller unless Ingram comes out.

5. Fry

i could see him having a similar career to brian leonard from rutgers. he was a second round pick because he could do everything well but nothing great.

6. 24

24 Starter

Someone's going to take him early, and I think he'll have a good career as a RB. He could be a Jamal Lewis type player in the NFL.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fullback is probably the most thankless job in the whole NFL all you do is get youe head bashed in and sacrifice your body for very little money. Most starting FBs are guys who never got drafted and hardly ever carry the ball. Why would a guy used to being the star even want that job for a minute?

Nobody will draft him in the 3rd rd to block.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok another white guy. Leonard has averaged 4 carries a game, 3.3 yards a rush and 0 TDs but is a very good H-back type receiver. I don't know if the bengals see him as good value where they picked him(2nd rd 20th pick) and he is not a heavy duty blocker.

9. Fry

the rams actually drafted him. i don't know why they drafted him with steven jackson, but i think he could still be a good second back in the right situation.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You can't compare this guy to Alstott or Leonard IMO. This kid is much better than those guys. I think he can be a legit #1 RB. His style fits the NFL and he has real good hands catching the ball. He might not go real early because he isn't a guy with break away speed but IMO he can be very effective. I think he compares favorably with someone like Mendenhall on the Steelers and will go late 1st or early 2nd depending on who needs a RB. The guy is a TD machine but also has the ability get yardage in junks. Other guys with similar styles IMO are Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Ricky Williams, Marion Barber and Brandon Jacobs. None of those guys are guys that get a bunch of 20+ yard runs but are effective in grinding out decent yardage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar