Titans Wrs for 2009...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Im crossing my fingers that Lavelle Hawkins lights it up tomo and earns more playing time next season and finally work his way to being a starter by year 3.

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I think we should keep Gage, Jones, and Hawkins. JMac needs to go and then we need to sign an established WR.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The best available wide receivers that we would like to have aren't going to want to play with Vince Young. He's got too many question marks surrounding him. I know this team isn't where is used to be but we might end up starting Chris Simms. Take for instance this Houshmandzadeh guy. Who do you think he would rather play with? Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne so he can feast off double teams or LenDale White and Chris Johnson double dosing the run?

I don't know, I just figure most of the best guys couldn't be paid enough to play here. If I was Houshmandzadeh I wouldn't even think about Tennessee if I got an offer from Indianapolis. They just throw the ball so much I don't see how one of these ego driven wr guys could pass it up.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

We don't want Roscoe Parrish. I listen to a lot of Buffalo sports radio (out of necessity, not by choice) and those guys always talk about how he is a brutal receiver and not even much of a kick returner anymore.

My hopes for our WRs next year is that someone none of us have considered (or maybe even heard of) will be brought in by MR and he will blossom into a #1.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

This is purely hypothetical, but say KFC leads us to a championship, who wouldn't want to play for a championship team? I think TJ could handle it.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Simple. Kerry Collins won't be here. I'm not sure whether it matters whether the Titans win the Super Bowl. I am almost completely positive that Kerry Collins signs a deal with another club. If the Titans win the Super Bowl though I can almost guarantee it. Besides, House has to be sick of dealing with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Why would he jump into a situation where the signal caller is so non-established.

If this was a fa corner or safety we are talking about, I feel that. Who wouldn't want to join the Tennessee defense?

ok everybody, I'm not trying to pull a "nate" but think about this for a second. Vince Young is playing for us to get a wr. Really, if you're a ufa wr wouldn't you look at this game tape of Vince coming up tomorrow? If Vince is sharp, efficient, runs, generates 1st downs. Completes 20 passes... Tennessee looks a lot better??? These guys don't want to enter a bad situation. Vince had better come out hot and score early and often. We need a good showcase game to posture our image in FA.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bennett is average. Why would we want him again? He was average here. He is average in St Louis and if TNThunder were here I'd rub it in his face.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What possible justification do you have for that line of thinking? Where would he go? He has roots here now have you not been paying attention?

There is no team out there that will offer him huge money at his age and he sure in the hell is not going to play in some place like detroit. Start writing down on a pad of paper all the potential suiters. Look for a contender that needs a good QB. There are none. Maybe philly if mcnabb gets traded they will want a vet for a year.

There are not that many scenarios, there will not be huge amounts of money and there simply is no place he would rather play.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I kind of agree with RT. I think Kerry is levelheaded enough to recognize the value of the o-line and defense that he has here. However, I don't think he could turn down a significantly larger contract to stay here. If another team is dumb enough to shell it out for him, he'll leave, but if the money is even close to market value here, he'll stay.

10. reo

reo Starter

Its possibly (slightly) but unlikely IMO. Its one thing to hold a guy out of the starting line up in order to motivate him to keep pushing to improve but its a completely different matter for a SB contender needing WR help to hold a WR that they believe in out of the starting line up just so they can sign him for cheaper later. Sometimes you just have to pay guys and the Titans know that. If they were sold enough that they were going to resign him to intentionally hold him back then they'd have just resigned him during the offseason before he got a chance for his value to go up.

IMHO he's more than likely gone after this year.

And to whoever said that they feel KFC will probably sign w/ another team, I agree. He could be a starter here but he knows that either VY is the future or a guy they'll draft (a very real possibility) or Simms. KFC isn't the future. He'll more than likely want to go to a team where he can be the guy and not have a rookie breathing down his neck.

And I think the Titans will let him do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar