Titans trade for Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Not similar at all.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Letting go of a QB because it's time to move on is what both teams did. :chairwack:

3. 10ECTyrant

Peyton had 4FN Neck surgeries, including neck fusion. Also nerve damage. Colts Tanked for Luck.
    That not similar at all to getting rid of Tannehill because he was never a “Franchise QB” and they didn’t think he would become their “Franchise QB”.
    Peyton is a HOF QB but was Jacked the F Up Damaged goods when the colts released him.
    Tannehill is a Never was, Peyton went on to win more Superbowls even though he was no the same player as before surgeries.

That being said I’m damn glad Tannehill is our backup QB

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Someone tell Cjthequeef he sucks, and to hop off of Mary’s ding dong already...Elite and Mary should never be mentioned in the same sentence. He’s not bad, just fragile and average. Stats don’t lie. Average record, unavailable every season, and putrid TD to INT ratio the last 2 seasons. He better step up this year because they did everything they can for him and more. Those numbers are unacceptable no matter what your last name is and we deserve better. This argument of being “elite” is the biggest crap show I’ve ever seen.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Agree except manning still had something left outside his last year in Denver.
    Colts made a judgement call that Peyton was done and sucked for the chance at a franchise QB (I think luck can be considered that).
    Miami also has no QB in the wings to replace the very replaceable tannehill.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. 10ECTyrant

Had something left, yes!
    He has a extremely high Football IQ, Smart QB
    still was nowhere near the same QB as before surgeries

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Manning’s arm was toast post surgery. He got by because of his vision, smarts, and pocket presence. He also had weapons which didn’t hurt. I’d still take a banged up Luck or Manning over Mary....

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Disagree. He averaged just under 5k, 43 TD his next three years in Denver. I concede he showed he was done in his 4th year but he was in just as high a level if not more so after going to Denver.
    and you don’t think get 5K with a “toast” arm.
    Come on. Peyton was a steal for Denver and I know I was disappointed when Tennessee didnt get him despite supposedly being in the mix.

9. 10ECTyrant

I wish we could have landed him.
    I never said he wasn’t great in Denver, but he was not the same QB as before injuries

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agreed. In two of his three successful years in Denver, he played better than in his previous year with Indy. His TD % was higher (more TD's), had around same yards, and lower INT %. And the other year he wasn't good, he was GREAT!!!

But...it was 3 years of Manning the Colts could have had...and maybe they would have won another championship with him one of those years. So the question will be, was Luck worth losing out on another SB ring?

In fairness to the Colts, no one even knew how well Manning COULD play coming off the injuries and the money he wanted was very high! Made sense to get rid of him and draft the next stud qb!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar