Titans trade for Julio Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Come on man.. in his "rookie" contract, Julio broke 1k twice. One of those seasons was for 1500 yards..

Corey was close this past season, but he completely disappeared when it mattered.

To even consider Corey in the same universe as Julio is ridiculous.

Julio went for 1800 yards in year 5.

anyone in the world think Hammy Davis is going for 1800 yards now?

Julio will end next season with more yards than Davis, no doubt about it.

Didnt I read somewhere Hammy Davis is already injured this training camp?

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What the heck are you talking about? That is the CAP hit. His pay per year did not change on average. Geez.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Exactly. Davis is a decent #2 and Julio is a legit top 5 #1. These stooges that say we should have kept Davis have no clue. One even said we should have given him his 5th year option. Davis did have a nice year and stayed healthy for a change but his whole body of work isn't special. I'm not sure Reynolds, playing the #2 with AJ, Henry and Tannehill doesn't put up similar stats. 1000 yards for a WR, on a team where the QB throws for almost 4000 yards isn't a massive hurdle. And yes, the main issue is that the guy was not good enough to beat single coverage with a quality CB covering him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You ever watch the Titans play and see the difference between AJ Brown and Corey Davis? I guess not. Julio similar to Brown as in generational talent. Davis similar to about 20 other guys not on their rookie salaries. In fact, JAG like players or guys slightly better than a JAG are NOT guys you tie up for multiple years on a big contract. Corey Davis is a dime a dozen. Never broke 1000 yards. His best year was good for 38th in total catches in the NFL, 20th in yards (and that is with a RB running for 2000 yards and a stud WR on the other side). We have people saying Jones has issues with drops when he caught 75% compared to 70% of Davis catches. The bottom line is you have to have that 10-20% better to win a SB and that is what Julio gives us. We already saw what Davis could do and his best year wasn't good enough.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I totally get what you are asking, and despite age difference, I would roll the dice on Julio.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I was one of the big supporters on bringing cd back however given the choice between cd and Julio I'm tracking Julio 10/10 times even if he is 6 years older.

Whether or not we want to admit it our window is closing. We have probably already seen Henry's peak, AJ and Jeff will need to be paid soon, tanne is in his 30's. Going all in on the next 2/3 seasons is absolutely the right move.

The move isn't without risk but the potential reward out weighs that risk imo

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

And next year Julio is cheaper

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Guys, I said there wasn’t much other options. Just pointing out his cap hit lol

Things might get tricky for us after this season because of it but it doesn’t mean I think it was a bad move

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

His cap hit is higher than Russel and Mahomes. Not sure what you don’t understand. Cap hit affects cap space.

Hence why I didn’t say his AAV is higher than Mahomes and Wilson…

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

who do you want on your team the guy who scored 11 Tds, 2851yds on 207 receptions over the past 4 yrs or the guy who has scored 20 TDs, 5000 yds on 330 receptions over the past 4 yrs....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar