Breaking News Titans trade for CB Desmond King

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by grindtime, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

You still play him and then let him walk. A compensatory draft pick could probably be better than the 6th we gave up and you still get the most out of him while paying him peanuts.

I won't be surprised if something else is up. I'm happy though. For a 6th? Wow.. Can't beat that.

2. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Butler is gone after this year unless he restructures for far less.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

King’s cap hit will be about $1.1M for the #Titans for the rest of 2020. He’s a free agent at the end of the year.

Per MHerdon

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I’m glad we got him but he’s slow too . Probably why they let him go

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

1M to never hear Ty Smiths name again... Bargain

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. theShoemaker

theShoemaker Starter

They probably would've gotten a higher compensatory pick if they let him walk, no?

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yeah but the Chargers save $1 million on their payroll. In a pandemic season when revenues are down and payroll is going to go down next season, every little bit helps.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Maybe, but they are saving $1 million as well. Owners are clinging to the dollar because revenue is being lost this season.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If they pick him up and get back to test before midnight, they can use him on Sunday if he passes. Otherwise, the COVID intake process means he won't be cleared until Monday.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Young54

Young54 Starter

I don't know.. $1m ain't much in the grand scheme of things. I just hope there isn't off field issues. Him tweeting about playing time is already a red flag, but he's kind of justified. If that is all there is, then this was a no-brainer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar