Rumor Titans top targets are Dont'a Hightower and Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No thanks on Hightower
    and both of those LB's can actually cover TE's.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I guess NO would rather have 2 firsts

Appearing on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville, Robinson said he did not offer the 18th overall pick in the first round for Cooks.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Robinson did offer a flip-flop of the No. 5 pick (held by the Titans) and the No. 11 pick (held by the Saints) in round one and a third-round pick. The Saints opted to take the New England offer instead

3. 615nick

615nick Starter

After seeing those top ilb #s, idw Hightower for more than 9m.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Minter visiting with Colts

Thought we would take a look at him

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

It is opportunity cost.

Do you overpay to fill a hole, thus letting your draft capital fill a different hole. That is where we have done poorly. No wr. No lb. only one decent corner.

Now we have three holes and two pics. For now anyway.

And two good receivers? Matthews is mediocre. Sharpe isn't even that yet. And should either get hurt I think we have a three legged turtle with a peach basket on its back at WR3.

We have to take a receiver high now. What they do with the other I don't know.

All that said, I wouldn't pay the price for cooks either. Take Davis or Ross and be done.

I'd probably overpay for Hightower though. That lets us draft lattimore. Now I gotta go foster.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Well said. This was a good read.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/03/13/donta-hightower-patriots-nfl-free-agency-market/

Why not offer a front loaded contract with incentives that put him near 12M/year? Base him around 9-10M/year that way he has to earn his above market with production? Seems like a very good idea to me with our cap space and we can maximize our draft capital.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I like the addition of Ryan, fills a need and seems like he has the right attitude to help thus team. But like stated we haven't addressed WR or ILB. Need to in the draft which is possible.
    NE just came off a SB win and they've added a couple players but we're happy with spending our time signing ST depth?
    The thing is we don't know if JRob went after Bouye or Campbell or Jeffrey, maybe he did but just lost out.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

JRob said that although Hightower has not visited the Titans. He has had contact with Hightower's agent. JRob knows his value and knows the importance of stopping the run. My guess is we will offer a little more than the Pats and then Hightower will have to decide $$$ over rings

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think you're right about this. One must assume that JRob has indicated to DH agent he's interested in topping other offers and don't sign until we've made our offer. JRob doing this "the Patriot Way".

I'd be surprised if it really isn't down to us and the Pats and the higher bidder ultimately wins.

I think we just didn't offer the Saints enough to get them to trade with us. And most likely Cooks weighed in to JRob that if all things are even he'd rather have Tom Brady throwing to him and BB coaching him. Which makes sense.

I don't know what we offered to Pryor. He's stupid to have taken the Washington deal IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar