Titans to pick 25th in the first round of the '18 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12th Titan

12th Titan Starter

You aren’t moving your most athletic OT to OG.[/QUOTE]

I know.. I was just trying to figure a way to get Brown..

It's frustrating to know that you already have a stud in place, when another stud becomes available, albeit unproven.

Actually I want Vea the NT from Washington.

2. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

I know.. I was just trying to figure a way to get Brown..

It's frustrating to know that you already have a stud in place, when another stud becomes available, albeit unproven.

Actually I want Vea the NT from Washington.[/QUOTE]
    If anything, with the injury you could put brown at RT and push Conklin in or vice versa

3. 12th Titan

12th Titan Starter

What do you think about a 4th or 5th round pick. FB/TE Demetri Flowers.

Is a great blocker and receiver both in the backfield, as well as TE. Big playmaker, great hands for a big man, and would be able to block for Henry as well. Versatile team player with great attitude and personality. He'd be a great addition to help out Marcus, as he was for the.mobile Baker Mayfield

Dimitri Flowers Bio

4. trydes12

trydes12 Starter

#54 trydes12, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  5. trydes12

trydes12 Starter

Flowers looks good. Only problem is the former 4th round pick Jalston Fowler was released this past year. If the Titans draft a TE, it better be Goedert or nothing.

Maybe pickup Trey Burton? He was a swiss army knife player in college and will be a free agent. Could be a nice addition to a Mariota type offense.

6. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

I like Burton too and think he’d be a good bargain pick up.

7. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I have a feeling if we draft a te, it'll be andrews or fumagalli.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First, if you believe Brown is the next Ogden, why would he be available at #25?

Second, you don't move a Pro Bowl LT to LG for a number of reasons. We would take a big risk assuming the new guy who hasn't played in the NFL will be better than the Pro Bowl player who we'll want to re-sign soon. And speaking of re-signing, if we moved Lewan to LG, he would NOT re-sign with us as LT's make a heck of a lot more money than LG's! He'd leave for another team that would pay and play him at LT.

If anything, you'd look at the potential of moving Conklin to RG...but then why not just draft a very good OG and leave the OT's in place? Moving either tackle creates two spots of instability while just adding a OG adds only one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think we'll have our choice of a handful of guys...but that will be limited by certain players/positions.

Until we know who our DC and OC's are, hard to gauge what we might be looking for other than what we currently perceive as holes. If we switch to a 4-3 D, we may look at this differently.

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I wouldn't have an issue with Rashaan Evans . Supposedly a high character guy, and he's exactly the type of LB everyone wants. And he's reportedly 6'3 and 230+, so he's not undersized like a lot of the athletic LBs . Adds value as a pass rusher as well. He made the transition from a rusher to an off the ball LB, so he's not as polished as he needs to be yet, but he's really athletic and has big upside.

Vrabel seemingly did some solid work as a LB coach at Houston, so I believe that he could thrive here.

#60 abc2330, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    • High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar