Rumor Titans To Cut Cyprien This Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It was.

He had a rough first half of the season - no one was surprised by it.

Had a good last half of the season. Started being unnoticed because he wasn't getting burned and was playing ok.

But people stick by their opinions. Hate shifting them.

Hell, I don't even care if you don't think he played that well. But this whole "trash" take stuff is pure dramatics by over-emotional fans.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

It’s ironic your take on not shifting an opinion. You’ve convinced yourself to go against everyone else on the point that Cyprien was something less than a wasted FA signing. What’s worse about his signing was that everyone knew he wasn’t worth whatever amount was offered.

Cyprien stinks. Having an 8 game stretch where no one mentioned his name doesn’t even make it a good stretch, it just makes it slightly above his standard of being called out for being garbage all the time. It’s not like over that same stretch anyone was coming out saying that “Cyprien is looking good, maybe it was just Jax, maybe he can be a starter long term, safety is fixed”

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Makes zero sense. I constantly change my stance based on production.

I hated Mariota draft pick. Played well in 16- came around. Started playing bad again- once again disliked him.

Hated Henry as a pick. Played mediocre. Continued hating it. Turned it on- came around.

Didn't care at all about the Cyprien signing. Understood he wasn't very good while playing- started playing decent... came around.

This is a constant.

Understand the take, sir:

No one is championing Cyprien.

What I am doing is combatting the talks of him being "trash" by drama queens.

4. Deuce Wayne

More importantly - this whole "We don't have anyone else but get rid of that guy!" thing Titans fans are notorious for.

Then they find themselves shocked the next season wondering how things got worse.

Vaccaro isn't a guarantee. Careful what you wish for.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

This whole “we have a guy that is ok (even if that’s not an accurate take in this case), we should keep him” is actually what titans fans are notorious for.
    We had threads just a couple years ago about the dedicated love for mediocre players in Tennessee. Cyprien doesn’t even reach that category.

It’s similar to the current debate on replacing Mariota with Foles. Why waste the time to replace a backup with another backup. Cyprien stinks. Playin* just about anyone would be only equally as bad but the chances for a player to play better and for cheaper, seems pretty high.
    No one will miss Cyp, he was a wasted FA signing from the get go.

And your love/hate for any player typically is difficult to tell. Even when you were “high” on MM, most of your posts still bashed him which you call “real fan”.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm with @Deuce Wayne on this one. I don't think Cyp was as terrible as many seem to think, granted he wasn't great by any means either. But when he got hurt was actually doing exactly what he brought him here to do. And Kenny played good but we can still upgrade that spot. I don't feel like he played great enough to think we're ok at the position. Re-signing KV would be a typical mediocre Titans move. If we're serious about getting better we're gonna at least look at the other top S ahead of KV first. I'd rather have Honey Badger or Weddle than KV to be honest. And don't forget he missed time with injury so he's not exactly the most durable.

We should be looking to upgrade every position we can.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kenny is every bit as good as the guys you named.

Also is bigger. Which is better since hes a SS.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

But outside of being a decent tackler, he wasn't impressive.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Decent ? Hes a really efficient tackler actually

And isnt bad in coverage

Collins might be slightly better. But would be coming into a new defense. Would naturally play slower because of it.

Rather see more Vaccaro

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

When is trash day? Is Cyp gone yet?

TRASH

Sly Williams Kevin Dodd level TRASH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar