Game Day Thread Titans @ Steelers GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

How many defensive coaches under BB have sucked as defensive coaches at other places? Using McDaniels or Weis as an example is as stupid as it gets, they are OCs and Belichick is a defensive coach. Saban, Crennel, and Pees were very successful as DCs elsewhere. Mangini was his only DC who did not succeed elsewhere, but he was not hired as a DC again

2. aztitans

aztitans Starter

Preseason week three is usually a good measuring stick when gauging teams progression or lack there of. However the last three years Lafleur led offenses 2016 Atlanta Falcons (Matt Ryan) 2017 Los Angeles Rams ( Jared Goff) and Tennessee Titans (Marcus Mariota) have had terrible week 3 games in preseason. Matty Ice back in 2016 and Falcons lost to Dolphins 3-17, Falcon supporters claimed that Shannahan and Lafleur were ruining there already established Franchise QB later that Year Matt Ryan is named league MVP Falcons take Patriots to the break to lose heart breaking Super Bowl. Last year Rams lose to Chargers in week 3 preseason 21-19 but were down to 21-0 in 1st quarter due to two Goff turnovers. Goff later lead Rams to 11-5 record first team to go from worst scoring offense to first in one year. 2018 Marcus Mariota plays nowhere near as bad as other two QBs, missing a couple of passes, (1 of which could have been a Corey Davis TD if both parties are on same page)( miscommunication) and horrible pass protection, most likely due to line's confusion with regards to pass blocking assignments (as OL is adjusting to new scheme as well).

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Awful game, truly awful performance. But while everyone is focused on Mariota, I'm more concerned about the iOL and how badly we need Morgan/Orakpo out there. No pressure at all.

4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Shouldn't that be expected when the starting OLB's are out and we are up against one of the best OLs and a very experienced offense?

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yes, but we should be concerned that Orakpo and Morgan may miss some real time. And Landry got banged up as well. Without our top 2, we won't get consistent pressure on any OL in the league. Starting Landry and Wallace/Finch. Big no no.

6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

It's just preseason. I'm not thrilled with how our team has looked with our backups, but we still have yet to see all our starters on the field at the same time.

I don't expect us to look like SB contenders in week 1, but I don't think that the sky is falling either. I'm willing to give Vrabel and Co the benefit of the doubt for holding out key players until the games mean something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar