Titans stats and around the league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

so your saying he plays great when hopped up on pills

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

more like childrens Tylenol

3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

#Titans tackles leaders from last season:
    (Per AtoZ sports)

1) Wesley Woodyard- 113

2) Jayon Brown- 97

3) Kevin Byard- 90

4) Logan Ryan- 76

5) Adoree' Jackson- 73

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

So, you don't think Smith, Taylor and Davis didn't have a better year in 2018 than they had in 2017? You'd better check the stats and compare their stats. Even Lewis had a better 2018 in the passing game than he did in 2017.
    Bad news for your narrative JR, by a wide margin.
    Even Smith and Taylor who played in 3 less games in 2018 had better years statistically than they did in 2017.
    This idea that Mariota didn't elevate (or in your case escalate) the players around him is just wrong.
    Did he turn a bunch of rookie and 2nd year WRs and TEs into All-Pro monsters? No he didn't.
    But few if any QBs do that.
    Especially when the entire offense is learning a new scheme, and there are injuries across a wide swath of position groups.

But to act like there was no improvement in all of those young players year-to-year from 2017 to 2018 is as wrong as it gets.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  5. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Not competing with Delanie and Rishard had a whole lot to do with that

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Okay, I'll buy that.
    But I won't consider it on the good side of receiver stats, and ignore it on the bad side of QB stats. If those two circumstances are factors then they need to be considered from both sides of the argument.

But the stats for the available pass catchers were significantly better. Especially Lewis's stats. He had a way better year in the passing game in TN than he had with TB and the Pats in 2017.
    Taylor and Smith both missed 3 games, but their stats per game still improved in terms of catch percentage, targets, First Downs, yards etc.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Corey was millions times better in 2018 than 17. He went up aggressive and fought for extra yards every time he had the ball it seemed. Taylor seemed abit sketchy to me. When he put his hands out to catch I was like oh no but when he had it I was hoping for something electric cause his great speed. If Taylor's reliability improves this year he'll be a weapon. Jonnu is meh to me, can't remember seeing anything that elevates him to compete for 1 spot even if delanie retires today.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Jonnu was showing great improvement as the season went on before injury. I think him and Mariota were finally starting to click. Look forward to seeing more of him this year for sure. Especially if we add a deep threat to spread the defense out.

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Deep threat. Lol. Marcus isn't going deep unless it's PA. And CBs gave Taywan the 3rd most cushion of all WRs in the league. They clearly respect his speed.
    Barring injury, Jonnu is our guy moving forward. It doesn't matter what the fans think- they've never seem a young receiver develop on this team, they have no idea what the growing pains are like. Mason is the only exception, and he was a ghost until year 4. A mediocre QB like Mariota requires a hell of a lot more out of his supporting cast, and it takes time to develop the skill set required to carry a QB

The coaches do nothing but rave about Jonnu, including our new OC. They also know a lot more about him than we do. Considering we can't even get close to average QB play, we have no grounds on which to judge the players he's throwing to. I'll refer to the judgement of the coaches and players over a fan base in denial about their QB.

• Boring Boring x 1
  10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

#Titans passes defensed leaders from last season: (Per AtoZsports)

1) Malcolm Butler- 12

2) Adoree' Jackson- 10

T3) Kevin Byard- 8

T3- Logan Ryan- 8

5) Jayon Brown- 6

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar