Titans stats and around the league 2020

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I noticed that too, but unless theres something going on we dont know about, this was just a smart move to rest him before we play again in 4 days against our only competition for winning the division.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

The drops definitely didn't help.

One thing that must be said though, Tannehill deserves a ton of credit for not putting the ball in dangerous spots very often. There was one play that might should have been a pick, but overall very well done by him to make the Bears earn it with their offense.

We did a great job of having no turnovers, which is something the Bears have thrived on.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Yeah, I said something about that to my wife. Just from what I can judge of Henry's character, he wants to earn what he is paid. And a RBBC doesn't do that.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No doubt. Again, I'm hoping that the short week and early bye week is playing part of it, but time will tell.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right. The Bears D was solid and the Titans had a nice lead. With a game Thursday, no reason for Henry to take any more pounding. Save it for the Clots.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Well to be fair, he was being taken off the field early in the game too. Happened last week against the Bengals as well.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Only because Vrabel is a belichic offspring would I believe this but I think they may be working out some different packages for use later in the year. Set some teams up with the boring ho-hum running offense using 2-3 different backs but come playoff time, we see something totally different from the same packages.

But for the easier, more likely scenario, just saving Henry. He was already leading in carries and a 4 day break is enough for me to get McNichols and foreman a few carries. They’ve been doing alright too.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Gotta make it to the playoffs first.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right. He's always been pulled after a long run, multiple carries and third and long.

Vrabel has said he wants to give a backup a series or two per game and why not?

Henry was getting 25+ carries early in the season. I think the goal is around 20 now knowing he'll likely get more once the weather gets nastier.

He's on pace now for 364 carries during the regular season. He had just 303 last year and another 83 during the playoffs.

Vrabel is smart to limit Henry. We'd be raising hell if Vrabel was running Henry with a 14-point lead and he pulled a hammy or something else which limited him Thursday night.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

ya know people clown on pff, easy enuff to do I guess, but this almost always relates to what I saw... I normally have no issues with these grades

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar