Titans sign Sly Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's not an upgrade, it's a bad signing all around. Just with the salary cap being 167 million it's chump change.

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I don't know anything about this guy, honestly... But 5mil a year in the NFL isn't much. Backup QB money. Plus, I'm sure if he sucks it's an easy contract to get out from.

I swear some people here act like the cap space comes out of their pockets. Maybe he's not a good signing, but it's not like they're blowing the cap on the guy.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No, but they are blowing a roster spot on him. That's more important.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

You could say that for a lot of players. Have to fill the roster with someone. Let's wait and see how he does before we decide he's a waste of a roster spot though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Jovan Haye Jr.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

6 mill/yr makes him the starter not Austin I think.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol, Harry Douglas makes 5M this year. Better be a starter!

With the vets getting inflated contracts all around- I don't think it's as easy as reading contract numbers and expecting them to start anymore.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I mean Douglas was brought in to start at a time. End of his contract is a different story.

guess we'll see. We should all be rooting for Austin obviously.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

One thing I've noticed this FA period- we are signing role players for starter money...

I expect them to still be just role players.

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Woods has literally been cut by ever team he's been on. Williams was a starter on one of the best defenses in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar