Titans sign Nick Harper

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

honostly all i want is pacman back...he is too good to let go...we have had so much trouble with the draft in recent yrs and certain prospects not panning out....all we have is bulluck...which was a long time ago...up till then pacman was and is our only guy showing potential (course young is a different story) but i'm sorry if we lose him...then our drafts between like bulluck and youngs....5 yrs or so...would have yieled 0 ..thats right 0 first tier players ....thats bad...lol...really bad.

2. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

my words exactly...and also wouldnt it be a waste of the 6th overall pick in the draft?

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

great now Adam Jones has someone he can sell his clown car too when he starts his new career in the Georgia Penal League.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

The good news for Thompson now is that he'll probably end the season with 150 tackles and 5 int since everyone will be throwing his way...

As long as we have him as our weakest link, offenses will continue to find ways to convert on 3rd and 8.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

OMG, NOW THAT WE HAVE SIGNED THIS FOOL, WE ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN 10 SUPERBOWLS IN A ROW. THIS MAKES REINFELDT THE GREATEST GM OF ALL TIME! WE WILL BE THE GREATEST TEAM EVER!

OK, I'm drunk and this post is stupid.

I just hope everyone shuts the **** up now that we have signed ANYBODY. Hope everyone quits whining about the Titans being done and 0-16 because we don't have Drew and Travis. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Sorry I had to have one drunken rant.

This is a good signing, not too expensive, and it takes away a colts player. woohooo :guzzle:

Man, it's tuesday... crap.

Oh it's worse.. it's wednesday at 3AM.

Crap.

6. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

I was thinking one beer would be enough to celebrate this signing man... It's not like we went out there and picked up Champ Bailey or Charles Tillman. Save your liver till we make the playoffs...

7. Smudger

Smudger Starter

"Harper's contract is believed to be worth between $9 million and $10 million and includes about $3 million in guarantees"

Seems an all round good deal compared to some of the deals that have been going on in FA this year

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How to save $1.8M

Andre woolfolk. If we cut him before june 1st we save that much cap money, money that will help go to another solid vet corner.

There is no way in hell we give up half a draft and $10M in cap money for asante samuel just because pacman might be gone. Get the crap out of your heads this is not xmas morning and samuel is not an option. :rolleyes:

In the event we think we might lose pacman we could sign another decent vet and a good choice might be jason david. Jason david is a rfa for the colts; he is perhaps faster than harper and much younger. With david we are at worst starting the 2 CBs from last years super bowl champs. David is a mere 24 years old he won't turn 25 until june. We could lock him up for a very long time and the colts are not in much of a position to match a good offer. we will have to compensate the colts a 4th rd pick but it is worth it.

Wouldn't it be nice to pilfer both the colts starting super bowl corners?

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I would at least make David an offer to make the Colts have to match. Especially with Pacman looking more and more like he will miss some time. Cut Woolfolk and give some of that money to David.

10. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Good! Now we need one more! Are we looking at DE Winstrom? How about a safety so we can flush Lamont?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar