Titans Sign Kenny Vaccaro

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

This is the Washington Post headline:

The Titans wanted to sign Eric Reid. Then three of his flights got canceled.

Hmmmm. So apparently, three separate flights from New Jersey to Nashville got cancelled. Straaaange.

I started doing some digging, and as it so happens, New York Jets owner (And friend of NFL protest hater Donald Trump) Woody Johnson apparently lives in, guess where... New Jersey!

NFL conspiracy anyone?! ;)

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

So if I'm reading your assessment correctly, he's better in coverage than Cyprien but not as physical or as good at tackling?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

From the Pats game that seems accurate.

4. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

He apparently was benched that game but had a pick to help win the game the following week.

Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro bounces back from bench vs. Panthers

5. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

Found this nice thread on Twitter about Vaccaro. Make sure to open and check out the entire thread, some good stuff here.

This play is excellent

#55 WV2SoCalTitan, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Idk why he got yanked vs NE, he was on Gronks hip the 1st half, only gave up 2 catches for about 20 yards. Meanwhile when Vaccaro wasnt on Gronk he beat their asses with 4 grabs and 90 yards...

7. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I mean people have to understand that gronk is going to gronk...stopping that guy is almost impossible.

8. JustAFan

JustAFan Starter

I knew nothing about Vaccaro prior to his signing with the Titans.
    I have waited to comment until I had read a bunch about him.

I now think this was a GREAT pick up.

From what i have read, synopsis style, Vaccaro is good vs run, good at pass rush, good guarding tight ends, bad guarding speedy wide receivers.

The part that gets to me is.....good at guarding tight ends.

For years now the Titans defense has been badly victimized by tight ends.
    Badly.

Anybody here really think we would have beat KC in the playoffs if their superstar tight end played the whole game?

Having a player who can lock down tight ends will be huge...HUGE for this defense. In my opinion.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar