Titans Sign Kenny Vaccaro

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

If you put any stock into PFF, Vaccaro has been the better player for most of his career. Reid was replaced at SS during the season long before any of the "blackmailing" claims were going on. He's more like Cyprien than Vaccaro is.

2. 615nick

615nick Starter

If vacarro can get up to speed, then he and byard are interchangeable at the 2 s spots. I like idea of having 2 s that can cover and tackle, we can run a lot of different looks with that flexibility. I can see us running a lot of one high s looks, with byard being the only s on the field.

3. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

Have you watched any game that he played as a LB? He was in coverage against TE's and running backs, not to help tackle in the run game. If you're looking at Twitter, you should see the amount of Saints fans saying Vaccaro sucked in coverage and was just a good tackler, whereas I'm reading 49ers fans saying Reid sucked at tackling.

4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

My friend that’s a saints fan said Vaccaro is a pretty decent in the box safety and at tackling but can be a liability in coverage.

As long as he isn’t as much of a liability as Cyp, the team should be alright.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

considering our secondary vacarro doesnt have to be very good, just not bad.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

It seems like analytics and the fans here disagree with that.

Kenny Vaccaro one of top "corners" in NFL, says PFF

7. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

For a player we had to resort to ..... in August. He's pretty good

Tre Boston could have been interesting earlier in the year, but hey...

Would you rather our options at safety be DaNorris Searcy - whom I feel was the weak link on our back end for years

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

He's still probably better than Cyp in coverage tho, right?

9. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

Keep reading. They're saying he switched from SS to basically playing the nickel position.

"Vaccaro is a rover. He is good at covering the slot and stay close to the line. He is no Safety. How much do you pay a very good Nickel Back\Rover type of player (Like Bucannon, or maybe Barron...)?
    He is not a very good Safety, but a very good Nickel Back."

"He's listed as the #26 safety vs the run. The #2 safety in pass rush. But WAY BACK at #108 safety in coverage."

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Gonna be a relatively cheap signing and a good replacement to Cyp. Be thankful we had options. I think Vaccaro can have some nice upside finally being next to some quality guys at CB/S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar