Titans sign AP

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanMark, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

This is disdain... useless.

What does fit have to do with it. How did Alvin Kamara and Austin Ekeler "fit" behind Mark Ingram and Melvin Gordon? It doesn't matter. Darrynton Evans was drafted for this, and if he was healthy, he'd be getting the bulk of the workload. Evans and McNichols are practically the same size and I would say McNichols is bulkier and has more power. At the bare minimum, he's available.

AP (not anymore) and Foreman don't have the breakaway speed to take one to the house. Do you really want the offense to rely on 2 and 3 yard gains with no upside? I watched AP last year, not good. Detroit was silly not to give Swift more carries. I'm all for brining them both in, but McNichols is the better of the 3 at this point and provides the most potential.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Oh and Sargent is a fit? Come on.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree...I think we roll with the cheap vets we have now..a younger vet FA next year and Henry's eventual replacement in the draft

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Kamara is overrated IMO.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'd take Kamara right about now

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL

I want any RB to be at least 225ish ... 230 plus is better

dont like scatbacks

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Young54

Young54 Starter

I mean.. 1,500 in 3 out of his 4 years. 1,300 in the 4th. 64 TDs. ProBowl each so far. You can argue overrated/underrated but he's effective and productive.

My point is, just because a RB doesn't "fit" the mold of their predecessor, doesn't mean they're not a good fit.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

That's fine as your preference but you're really drastically minimizing the field and will miss out. I'm glad we started CJ2K over Landale White. Call me crazy.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

A, that’s not what I said about McNichols, so not disdain.
    B. It’s about which guy allows for the least changes in offensive scheme, especially with only 1 week to prepare for a tough team in LAR who by the way, may have the leagues best pass rush now and Tennessee has been pretty poor at blocking much lesser pass rush.
    And who is this comment meant for?

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

A. I'm giving you an example of someone else on this board... Don't get defensive.
    B. Exactly! The guys who's been actively a part of the offense would be the one that requires the least changes and he also happens to be our go to pass protector.

P.S. The comment is meant for the board in general. My original post was... "I don't get the Sargent love and McNichols disdain". You responded to that. I gave you an example of someone having disdain for McNichols and I'm again pointing out how if the argument is "fit", Sargent is a worse example.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar