Titans sign AP

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanMark, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

He whooped him with a hickory switch. No different than how most of us grew up in the south. But it's probably a punishment best left in the past.

2. big22tt

big22tt Special Teams Standout

Yea

3. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

AP had 604 yards on 156 carries with 7 TDS last year. That’s almost 4 yards a carry.

We also have a very running back friendly system here so AP could be pretty solid as a fill in as long as we split his carries and don’t try to pound him into stacked boxes 30 carries a game.

We really need to get Julio rolling now. Defenses sell out to stop Henry but we could and should have an explosive passing attack if we make it a point to open it up. If defenses start fearing our passing game, that would open our running game. We would just need to be solid enough on the ground to keep balance and keep defenses honest.

4. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

We got to sign Gore now so we can claim the oldest backfield ever. Not to mention we shouldn’t give either more than 15 totes a week, all that work will mess their social security checks up!

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I had to go pick my own and bring it back. If it was a bad pick I got whooped extra.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

The good thing about AP is you know the guy hasn't been sitting around on the couch. One of the best conditioned people in the league, so I would expect that if he's been waiting for this call, he's in great shape and ready to roll.

That said, I'm hoping we don't try to force him into the Henry role. Would like to see us open the offense a bit more, and use McNichols more in the passing game and out of the gun.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

How is Mike Davis a better option than Adrian Peterson? Lol Davis has been horrible this year. Peterson is old and may not have much left but won’t cost us a draft pick

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Very true. Fun fact when I lived in Houston I was a member at the same gym as AP. I think he might be part owner or something. But he’s a freak of nature for sure. Guy is in incredible shape.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Agreed with everything you said here.

AP isn't replacing Henry, but the hope is that the combination of AP, McNichols, etc. will be able to keep opposing defenses honest enough so they do not tee off on Tannehill. Tannehill has to step up in a big way and do more than he has ever been asked to do here.

I worry about the affect this will have on A.J. Brown, especially if Jones stays out. I expect more coverage to shift to Brown and more double teams on him. A lot of players have to up their games.

10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

We will do more than limp on. Titans still win 11/12 games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar