Titans Should Have Better Offense In 2012

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

You won't, lol. If CJ has another less than stellar year you won't be able to trade out of his contract. We'd probably get a 2nd rounder for him at best, which is problematic. If we do decide to cut ties with him, we'd have to draft a RB as early as the 2nd round and probably pick up a decent FA.

Getting rid of CJ will undoubtedly set us back at least a bit so here's to hoping he gets his crap together.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Does this have any meaning at all or am I missing something.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If CJ has a bad season no team is going to trade for him. We would probably release him anyway. If he has so so season I'm no sure we can cut ties with him until we have the Rb position more solid. So we probably use a draft pick on one but maybe keep CJ one more year. Of course the best scenario is for CJ to have a well rounded solid season running and catching the ball.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

we messed up by not trading him when his value was high like i said we should of for at least 2 1sts before the nfl running back value went to complete crap.

but i ask everyone this---do we really need a solid runningback if we go into todays offense which is primarily a passing offense? For example, the patriots dont have a solid running back, not do the packers or lions--we dont know if we have a tom brady, rodgers or stafford either but im just seeing what you guys think

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

If you have an elite QB, you don't have to have good running back. Depending on how Locker plays we may not need a top 5 RB or even a decent one, but it always helps to have one.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I'd like to see us go to a 2 back system. A big thumper, and a little pass catcher. You can do it on the cheap, and get good production.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Trade CJ? I must be in the crackhead section.

8. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

In 2011 CJ rushed for 1000 and some change and in 09 he went for 2000 and some change. In 09 fisher was a run heavy coach because he had a rookie in britt and crap else for receivers. Also in 09 VY only threw for 1800 and KC threw for 1200 which equals 3000 yards passed for a total of a little over 5000 for the year. In 11 Hass threw for 3500 yards himself and another 500 from locker for a total of 4000 passing yards. CJ only rushed for 1000 yards which still gives you a total of 5000 yards. Yes CJ wasn't a top five running back last year but these numbers show me a lot. 1. The load has shifted to passing( much like e rest of the league) 2. Last year was a lock out year which ment not only did CJ not have a training camp but then the titans were too stingy to pay him and he had to hold out and miss all of pre season 3. We changed coaches and 4. Nobody Feared our receiving core last year at the beginning and they would load the box. This is why I think the numbers shifted from run heavy to pass more. With new weapons I think the pressure will free up CJ to get back to his old form. Easy on the trade talks give him one more year before we start screaming trade.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    professorD folks

that has to be one of the most superfical analysis I have ever read. You totally blew a chance to slam Amano and the OC/DC. Clearly one of the weakest :cj: defenses ever.

[​IMG]

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Explain to me why he had to hold out now. Last time I checked he made a choice to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar