Rumor Titans rumors re: Munchak, CJ, Cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

A more realistic order of likelihood of occurence, IMHO:
    1. 2015 option on Locker is not exercised (98% probability)
    2. CJ is released (90%)
    3. Munch is fired (50%)
    4. Titans acquire Cutler (10%)

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agree.

Funny how everyone now says he should have never been given the deal in the first place. But at the time 99.7% of the fanbase was saying it'd be absolute insanity not to give him a new deal.

You're probably right. But honestly I think it all depends on HOW we lose. If we simply aren't showing up I could see Munch getting canned before season's end.

IDK, McCown's been playing really well. I could honestly see them letting Cutler walk and rolling with McCown and a TBD rookie next season.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think Cutler coming to TN has a much higher probability than you guys want to admit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Titans weren't going to pick up Locker's option anyway, doesn't mean he's done with this franchise.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Only reason why I think it's low is if Chicago is actually going to let him go. If they do, he's ours.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Cutler isn't a lock though. What if Lovie Smith gets the job in Houston? He may want him.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, now that I think about it you're probably right about Locker's option not being exercised being the most likely. Although I think the likelihood of Munch being fired is a little higher than 50%. We're clearly going to lose today. So I think it would take us finishing the season 3-0 for him to have a chance at sticking around. And considering a Munch-led team has NEVER won 3 games in a row I put the chances of that happening somewhere between "impossible" and "not bloody likely".

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

The more I think about it, the more I'm cool with Cutler. I would still like to draft Murray in the second though. Let Locker back Cutler up in 2014, let Murray rehab in Rusty's spot, and groom him for the future.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

New deal? Yes. The deal he got? Nope.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yes, but CJ made it abundantly clear that he expected a "history deal" and said he wanted to be paid as the top non-QB offensive player in the league. He even invented a new position for himself to use during negotiations... "playmaker". We all knew we were going to pay through the nose for him or he was going to sit. And still, everyone was screaming "pay da man!"

But oh well. I'm still just a little raw because everyone but maybe 2 or 3 posters called me crazy back then for suggesting we maybe, just maybe, shouldn't give in to his demands or god forbid should consider trading him. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar