Titans Rookies Scaled "the Wall" Successfully

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The team proved it could win with Lendale and VY. So the evidence supports that. I fully expect we would be 11-1 regardless of CJ starting. However, clearly, CJ has given us the ability to strike TD's from anywhere and everywhere. I gotta believe everyone here agrees with that. Our TD production, Red Zone efficiency, have got to be way up and CJ is the direct result of that. I have not looked at the numbers. But again, I think CJ makes the offense go. He winds it up. It's just a no brainer to me. That makes him irreplaceable and ROY. There's no evidence that either C.Brown or C.Henry could have done what CJ has done, let alone any other starting rb in the league.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

your arguments for cj winning roy arent as good as those for Matt Ryan. Plus, the QB position is MUCH harder to learn and deals with much more pressure.
    It's a landslide. CJ would have to do something truly unique in order to beat Ryan out, and unless we play the Lions for these last 4 games, it's not happening.

And a QB is more marketable and less replaceable. Good RBs are a dime a dozen and have short lifespan in the NFL. Good QBs? Not so much.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

CJ has been great, but if he gets the ROY over Matt Ryan then there's something seriously wrong with the system.

Ryan is playing the toughest position on the field and doing it at a pro-bowl level...AS A ROOKIE. If Vince won the ROY for what he did, then Ryan should win it going away. He has a 91.2 QB rating, which is unheard of for a rook.

Say what you want, but I believe he will get serious consideration for MVP. Where would that team be without him? With a bum like Chris Redman starting? Nowhere near 8-4, that's for damn sure.

The MVP award is not necessarily the best player, it's exactly what it says, Most Valuable Player. There haven't been too many players this year that have been more valuable to their team than Matt Ryan.

4. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

I hadn't really payed much attention to Ryan's stats before this post, but wow that's a rock solid rookie season he's on his way of putting together.

QB rating: 91.2, tds: 13, ints: 6, yds: 2,625

5. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

I beilive CJ will win the award because of our record, if Ryan was that good than the falcons would have had a extra win not a loss (Broncos). Besides the media talks all about how Ryan is this and that, but what about CJ? Just like every Ten player they don't get mentioned in the media. Ryan will be another bust just like who was QB from the 49ers? Alex something ooo Alex Smith. Look at what happened with VY he got is rookie of the year award and haven't herd from him since, he didnt even want to play after the crowd booed him. Nothing against vince because I love the kid and he is the future of this franchise for now, but I don't think a QB needs the Rookie of the year award. Give it to a WR, RB, TE, OL. Give it to a person that made the team extemly better, give it a player that is consistent. If we didnt have CJ we wont be 11-1. CJ brings speed and explosivness something that we didnt have last season, he gives us a down feild treat, and come on the kid is humble, and soft spoken. My pick is CJ hands down.

6. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

Ryan for MVP??? Are you a falcons fan or titans fan? Ryan is overrated sure he has the stats, but for mvp??? No way... if Ryan wins MVP I'm done with football. I'll take McNair, Culpepper, Cassel, hell even Kitna over Ryan anyday. If I had to choose for a QB MVP I'll go with Tony Romo, since hes been back the cowgirls have been winning.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

If Young got OROY over MJD, I can not see a way that Ryan does not get it over CJ.

8. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

Well I see it like this, MJD didn't go over 1000 yards in his rookie season, CJ is on his way to a 1000+ season while sharing snaps with lendale, now if CJ was got all the rushing snaps then he propably would be over 1100yrds now. 1 more thing if CJ played all the snaps in the lions game I beilive he would have broken the NFL record of most rushing yards per game set by Peterson, but hey thats just me.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I don't even know where to begin with this crap you just said.

First of all, it has nothing to do with who I'm a fan of. It's the facts. Just because I think he's been the most valuable player to his team, doesn't mean that I'm a Falcons fan. Completely irrelevant comment.

Second of all, how is he overrated? He's taken a 2-14 team and turned them into an 8-4 play-off caliber team. He's got a better than 2:1 TD/INT ratio and a passer rating of 91.2. Overrated my ***.

Last but not least, what the hell do McNair and Culpepper have to do with Matt Ryan? Get a clue before you make another idiotic post.

I'm not even going to address the Jon Kitna comment. You should be embarrassed for even thinking that.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, he gets a wag of the finger for that one

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar