Breaking News Titans release Taylor Lewan, Robert Woods, Zach Cunningham & Randy Bullock

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Feb 22, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah, I thought he was the so called classy leader of the team.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Too soon?

upload_2023-2-22_17-27-37.png

• LOL LOL x 4
  3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

If/when Simmons signs a new contract I bet his cap hit this year is LESS than $10mil. Save us more money.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

@Dangermode thank you, I'm happy at least one person gets the joke

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I did too. Weak move by CNN for that.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Carp

Carp Starter

That's complete BS.

There isn't a TE screen listed on that playbook.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Should’ve done some of this type thing before. JR was very generous on some of his contracts.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Free from playing football? Even with how bad we were as a team, you can tell the dude was washed.

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Ran will be in really good position to show what he's got. But it's a little tricky. Decent first round picks this year plus next year having a huge amount of cap to work with.

The question is, what does he do at QB? Tannehill likely wins enough not to be drafting high if he can get a team around him.... Going with Willis would be an obvious tank job and hoping to acquire a high first round QB next year.

Maybe there's a QB they're in love with this year and trade up? Build around the new QB next year...

Obviously Tannehill isn't the long term solution but when do you make the switch?

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I know they were the first to interview Hooker at the Senior Bowl. Clearly he isn’t going in the first and they may think he has a high ceiling. Cutting Tannehill doesn’t help much this year as you are still on the hook for a decent portion of his salary plus you have to pay another QB. I think reworking his deal for two years makes the most sense with a decent transition QB in the wings. I am not all that familiar with Hooker other than to know about his injury and that his stats were really good this year.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar