Breaking News Titans release G Josh Kline

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

So you are saying he is Chris Henry?

2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

You mean reminds you of Chris Henry?

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The problem is...what vet? most wr vets are average production at best and that is not gonna get defenses out of 9 man boxes. A avg speed vet is not gonna make defenses pay for loading the box. Any vets in mind?

Actually, what gets me talking about him is the fact that most of his measurables are off the charts.

He has 7 (though Id guess 9) measurables that are 93rd-99th percentile. These are...

weight
    wingspan
    arm length
    40 yd
    10 yd split (my guess at 1.45)
    vert
    broad
    bench

Many people will knock him for his 3 cone and short shuttle while ignoring the many great things he CAN do.

Take a look at what the Pats do...see what a guy does well and focus on that.

Edelman in comparison is only in the 90th percentile in 2 measurables...3 cone and short shuttle. He has several important measurables below the 20th percentile. But the Pats focus his job on those two measurables that he's great at and made him into one of the most dangerous wr's in the league.

Of course there are valid concerns about him and I agree that he's a serious risk...one of the biggest booom/bust players in the draft. But he COULD really fit what we need opposite CD with Humphries in the slot and Walker down the seam if the titans clear his medical, understand his low production beyond just being injured, and think our new OC can use him to his strengths.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Could be right but I’d go defense (if they all don’t get plucked by 19) . The reciever I’d want is Jordy Nelson . Someone that’s savy running routes and can teach our youngsters a few tricks.

5. Tricky

Tricky Starter

If he didnt have an extensive injury history and showed that he could be productive in college, I could easily overlook his abysmal agility drill numbers (bottom 4% in the whole league). But.... too many red flags.

#125 Tricky, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar