Breaking News Titans release CB Malcolm Butler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

One of those things you hate to see, but we had him at the wrong end of 20...

But JROB better hit a home run with the pass rush this offseason, because you just cut your pass defense basically....

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

No he wasn’t. The secondary as a unit was average, not horrible. When you factor in the total lack of pass rush they did pretty good. They just weren’t as bad as some of you think. If you give any NFL QB as much time as they got they will beat you, CB isnt a hard position. It starts with pressure on the QB. An average secondary can look all world with an above average pass rush. Look at the top ranked secondaries.... I’ll bet you they have a great pass rush. Well, don’t bet me... I already know. If we fix the pass rush we won’t miss Malcolm.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Agree with most of this - pass rush was the main problem but our secondary was still trash no more how you slice it. All of it needs to be addressed and obviously will now with Butler gone

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

If that were true he would have signed a massive deal elsewhere.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

"CB isn't a hard position" we'll see about that this upcoming season lol

6. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

There will be a lot of free agent CBS out there for a lot cheaper than 14 mill. We will likely sign one. Then have money to improve the pass rush too.

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Now that was truly unreadable... what I meant to say was CB isn’t a very hard position to play when you have a great pass rush.

Take that as you will.

8. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

but we’ve been missing that pass rush for 12 years

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Here's to hoping we go from historically bad to great brother!

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Carp

Carp Starter

We have Jackson and Fulton. That gives us a little over 20 million in cap space before any other moves (Vaccaro is next, imo). I think we'll end up with over 30 million to play with, which should allow us to re-sign Brown, Smith, and CD if we wanted to, with left over to sign a good Edge. I don't that will happen, but the flexibility is there if we wanted it.

#100 Carp, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar