Titans promote Tim Kelly to Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Feb 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

What would you move the RB coach, Tony Dews to TE’s coach and then move the TE coach to “run game analyst” whatever the hell that is.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Tony Dews moved to TE coach because that is often the next in line to OC. TE coaches work the run and pass game equally and are a huge part of the offense. Dews is a veteran who actually played TE and has been a TE, RB and WR coach in his career. Great move for him, he should thrive.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Dangermode

Steckle is a Princeton guy and Ohara is one smart cookie too. My thought is perhaps these two new “analyst” positions are the beginning of our analytics department. Guys that will provide research and numbers to help the coordinators.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That's why I didn't participate in any of the New OC talk, as I knew this was bound to happen. I somewhat and somewhat believed Vrabel would do what's best for this team to rejuvenate it, and this is what this buffoon does?

Un****ingbelievable and what a major letdown after the so called OC search.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. KyTitansFan

Yeah and the passing game coordinator for the worst passing offense in the NFL is our new OC

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  6. KyTitansFan

Great. So when Kelly fails, we can promote from within again.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Dangermode

When he was the play caller in Houston, Kelly’s offense was 3rd in the league in passing on early downs. Basically the opposite of run, run, pass. I’ll take that. Play-calling matters.

#37 Dangermode, Feb 7, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Sometimes I wish I had Dangermode's enthusiasm. He could make positives out of Kevin Dodd, Jamie Harper and Darryton Evans.

• LOL LOL x 5
    • High Five High Five x 2
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You can go on Twitter, other forums and you will find maybe 3 fans that like this hire.

Vrabel has officially put himself on the hot seat.

I just don't understand why Vrabel is doing this to himself. To keep Downing as long as he did, to retaining Bowen and now pulling this BS hire. I just don't understand.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

Maybe the plan is to get such a great QB that the offensive coaches don't matter....

Ok, yeah, I'll show myself out....

:hang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar