Titans no closer to Colts after draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And I'll take you off ignore when you stop complaining. That's fair, too...

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hard to read messages when someone's on ignore genius.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I don't see optimism from your posts at all (I'm not dogging you, but I'll call it like I see it). If you say you're optimistic, that's good. I just think it's senseless for fans to do nothing but complain. Now, come November '07, we're struggling on offense, with none of our rookies producing, and sorely missing who we lost, then I'll complain along with you guys. But to be in April, with absolutely no real barometer or legitimate chance for this team to show us what they got, what's the freakin' point?

4. Deuce Wayne

My opinion is this, a good season is reflective of a good off-season. Not in all cases, but in most. The NFL season shouldn't end. If you have holes, you try to fill them. If you create more holes, you're probably on your way to a bad season.
    This offseason is like a bad snap on a punt. Now, if the punter somehow brings this one down and gets it off, I'll be ok. But til that happens I'm in "OH SHH" mode.
    I said I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm a cynical person as it is, so it's already challenging without the GM steppin' on my noots with steel cleats.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

But see, I honestly don't see this as a terrible off-season. I think we took loses, but not players vital to our future. Bennett is not vital, but he will be missed. Henry is not vital, but he will be missed more. But I have optimism, at least in April, that LenDale, Henry, and whoever we pick up will fill the void. Optimism isn't without reservations, but its a lot more satisfying than sitting around, complaining with dread.

6. Deuce Wayne

Well to put things in to perspective, the draft was just saturday. Most of us looked forward to it, and then were completely thrown off by every single pick. Even if you like Michael Griffin, you were thinking "saftey??" and then followed up by the Henry pick. We were also excited about the trade rumors with Michael Turner. Those were shut down. Some had hopes for Mike Williams. That was shut down.
    So, we were all curious about our new GM coming in to a pretty good situation with 30 mill to spread around a bit, but hasn't done anything since being with our organization. That's pretty disappointing. This guy hasn't even shown that he has a pulse yet.

So, all that plus it being the off-season leaves little to cheer about. Once camp starts things get a lot easier. You get to hear/read stories about certain players doing well and it gives you hope, whether it false or not.
    I'm getting better with our draft picks already, so in a few weeks I should be fully healed from the stab wounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar