Titans Look to Future in Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With a combined 9-23 record the last two seasons and contracts nearing their end, will Titans Coach Jeff Fisher and GM Floyd Reese look to use the third pick of the draft to make an immediate impact or look to the distant future? "The reason we're here is to do our job and not protect our job," Reese said. "We have to do what we think is best for the franchise, which boils down to both short term and long term. … You think of it as you're putting it together to keep the thing healthy for a number of years, and you hope you're here." Fisher believes Titans owner Bud Adams will back the choice of a quarterback if that's what his top people decide to do. "We're going to make the best decision that is clearly in the best interest of the future of this franchise," said Fisher. "If it's a quarterback and it's going to take several years, then we all understand that."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

This solidifies the pick for me. Leinart would be the immediate future. Young or Cutler would be the better choices for the long haul.

So get ready to welcome one of the two. (Cutler or Young)

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

hawk

4. There's no real chance that we'd draft Hawk. Not after signing Thornton for big bucks. Some LB has to come out on nickel downs...

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Smoke screen.

Fisher doesn't drop a hint as obvious as that if he really means it.

We're not drafting Young.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hear Reese isn't even going to see Young's workout today and plans on just hangin' at the Hooters.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, what I'm wondering is if you can read anything from who attends the workouts or not. I mean from reports, Cutler drew Reese, Chow, Snead and Johnson. Young got Reese, Fisher, Chow and Beddingfield. Wonder who will go see Leinart.

8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Now that's a smoke screen!!!

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:lol2:
    :ha:

10. titanjay

titanjay Guest

ummm....maybe schwartz :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar