Titans interviewing Mike Vrabel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Based on what? A press conference? Would you like to bring in another retread? All of you saying he was terrible as Houston’s DC, lets look at GB Head Coach Mike McCarthy.

In 2005, McCarthy served as offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers. His unit, beset by injuries and led by a rookie quarterback (top draft pick Alex Smith), finished the season ranked 30th in the NFL in points scored and dead last in yards gained.

Sound familiar? I think Vrabel lost JJ Watt and Mercilus. Pretty sure GB has always had a pretty explosive offense.

#151 KyTitansFan, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  2. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

You guys are judging a guy off a post game presser which coaches hate to do and aren’t going to say anything? Solid way of making decisions. Lol

3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You may be right. I don't know enough about any of the current candidates to voice a valid argument one way or another for any of them.

I'm willing to let our GM go earn his salary and I'll offer a critique after we see the results on the field.

4. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

McCarthy also had 5 other years of experience and work that could be looked at, examined, and considered. Sound familiar? No, I didn't think so ... on account of he has zero other years as a DC.

But Vrabel was with the Patriots as a player, so he's an automatic head coaching candidate. Obviously. It makes sense to want him, because everyone that has ever left Belichick's system and got a head coaching gig has done AMAZING, so far. No reason to think it'd be any different with Vrabel.

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

GB does have a great offense. With Aaron Rodgers. Without him, they are pathetic.

So yes, if we get Vrabel one of the best QBs of all time and one of the best defenses in the league, he might be able to squeak out one SB then ride said QB for the rest of his career. But I'd prefer a coach who can elevate one side of the ball or another, and Vrabel has proven nothing yet.

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Nope, the others are still playing so not that odd.

7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

So I’m assuming the interview is over? Any reports on how it went??

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Wilks already has his Titan glamour shot up. Titans announce they have completed his interview now. Two in one day.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Not so sure about that. I like what I read about Wilks. Everyone else I have seen even rumored seem to be tied up in the playoffs...McD, Schwartz, Flip...so who knows. Wish I knew what kind of connections Vrabel jad and who he might go after as an OC.

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well, by now JR knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar