Titans interested in Brandon Lloyd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Gotcha... Yea that's because those are teams that players would love to play for.

I could definitely see him going to the Patriots. I do think we make the most sense.

I really don't see why Munchak wouldn't pull the trigger on this trade. He's a first year coach and has a very good shot at the playoffs. Rookie coaches who make the playoffs tend to stay around a while.

While Lloyd is, in no way, a replacement for Britt, he is reliable and will contribute more than any of our active WRs will.

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Imagine this starting WR crew for next season....

Britt/Lloyd/Washington and a potential WR drafted early like Floyd or Blackmon.

Just once i wish we could have a solid WR group.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Honestly I don't know how much pull Munchak has in the final decision. He might be able to put in a suggestion but can a first year head coach really hold that much weight in trades?

If a deal is going to happen, you would think Sunday or Monday would be the most likely time it would happen. I'd assume the Titans would want to give Lloyd as much time as possible to settle into the offense and since we couldn't practice during the bye week Sunday or Monday would be logical.

My gut says this gets done, but who knows after the Randy Moss bust last season.

Wishful thinking, we trade a 4th or 5th for Lloyd, resign him for 3 years and save a pick we would have had to use on a receiver.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The front office might have that sour Pickens/Thigpen/Givens/Moulds/Moss thing going on but this is different.This guy could contribute for years and also be a potential Locker fave so who knows.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

we all know why moss didnt work and I dont even have to say it!

6. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I still think this is an incredible stat

Our WR seem like they have 4 drops / game. Imagine having a guy like Sexybeck throwing to him. And once CJ2YPC gets it going.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Hasselbeck to Lloyd does have a very nice ring to it.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

John Clayton said he sees about a 15% chance that Lloyd is traded. But, Lombardi says 90%? LOL

In all seriousness, if we could trade a 4th, 5th, or 6th for this guy I'd be happy. Hopefully we'd be able to sign him for a 2-3 year extension shortly after. Britt-Lloyd-Washington-Williams would be a solid WR group next year.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Then why all the buzz? I bet Lloyd gets traded.

And for once I agree with the SureThing, save a high pick for something we could get for a mid round pick. This provides insurance for Britt worse case scenario. The more I think about this potential trade, the more I like it.

10. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I understand what you are saying. But most folks want to make the playoffs this year despite the fact our team will likely play in just one post season game, but there is allways the chance. Its like increasing your odds winning the lottery tremendously simply by purchasing a ticket. ( As opposed to trying to win without a ticket) Even if we have Kenny and he plays well next year, we need a guy who can challenge Nate and our other stellar pass catchers.

Unless Kenny makes it back next year and plays lights out and injury free, our front office has not had a lot of luck picking WR,s in early rounds. To be fair, free agents have not worked out well for the last 10 years either.Bad play, lackluster or injury, something bad seems to happen.

It would be nice to get a WR that might actually be OK before they are here for 4 years.That seems to be about 2 years too many to get good,IMO. I also think any move for a WR is wasted if the run game dont get a lot better. I am not talking a couple long runs a game.
    I want someone who you can trust to get those hard three or less yards for a crucial 1st down and extend drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar