Titans in the mix for Cutler?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

Or the Chiefs getting Cassell for a second round pick.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Diabetes ...? What's that ...?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Young is something like 15 - 4.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Titans are mixed on Cutler. The question is, WHO is for him and WHO is not. If MR and Fish like him...they may dip more than a toe in the water.

Gut

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Uh, it's over now.

I bet this crap kept Holt from signing today.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

can we end this thread? He's a bear now.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

History shows that when a team pays big time for one player they believe to be the missing piece they usually get burnt. That was the case with the vikings when they paid a similar price for hershel walker.

The difference here is that cutler is a 25 year old QB not a 28 year old RB.

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

no we cant end this thread...its magical!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

And I started it! That should count for at least another month! :)

:wack:Gut

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

The Walker deal was very different...even for the most important reason you pointed out. Walker also went into a running system he didn't like and was not changed to suit his strengths. Plus, Dallas got back defensive starters if I remember, not just a mediocre RB in exchange.

I think is a balanced deal on potential...but this is much more of a boom/bust gamble for the Bears cause their OL is weak, Cutler has a major issue with their offensive coordinator - even before getting to Chicago, and the Bears D may be on the decline. The upside is if they can protect him and give him some weapons and reload their D, they should win their division and become a SB contender...maybe in another year or...or 3.

If I were Denver, I'd immediately start calling Leftwich, Losman, Garcia, ect. and would NOT have taken Orton back...rather have another draft pick!

Here's a crazy thought...how about Denver calls up Pioli and offers them a second rnd pick and Orton for Cassell....

This may not be over yet!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar