Titans in on Julio OR Elijah?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Apr 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The more I think about this it makes sense. Not sure it isn't already a done deal actually. We skip on WRs until the 4th round and draft Evan's replacement in the 3rd. Julio can be let go when AJ gets paid but we do make a run when the fire is hot with Henry and Tannehill. Plus we didn't go out of our way to grab a TE in this draft either so maybe Hurst is in the pot (saw they did sign Briley Moore).

We basically swap Evans for Hurst and Julio and give them a 2nd round pick. Makes sense to me. Both Evans and Hurst were denied 5th round options so maybe both get new contracts. The Evans and Hurst deal could happen anytime. They just drafted one of the best TEs to ever come out of the draft so Hurst makes sense. Plus Arthur Smith and JRob basically have no reason to not work a deal that can help both teams since we won't butting heads unless we both make it to the SB.

2. Carp

Carp Starter

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Carp

Carp Starter

Only 1400 followers so don't take this at face value. But he appears to be a freelance journalist who previously ran a small scale sports station, so he may actually have some connections.

4. big22tt

big22tt Special Teams Standout

I'll start believing it when I see the Titans have restructured Tannehill.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So is AJ going to become the #2? No way. Julio won't be a #2.

Yeah. I understand that you don't necessarily need to designate who is #1 and #2 but no way the Titans target #11 any less or change that the offense runs through #22.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Carp

Carp Starter

With the new season, I think you could see us running less. That extra game puts a larger toll on King Henry and I'm sure they'd like to keep him fresh.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

that is a good point about the effect of the 17th game on RBs...hopefully Evans can spell Henry some as well.

In terms of targets, Julio averaged 1.5 more targets a game than Corey Davis did. Not a huge difference especially if some of Jonnu's targets go to Jones.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Then you make sure he has a quality backup.

9. Carp

Carp Starter

Easier said than done. You're still going from the No. 1 RB in the league to a backup level RB, so the drop off will be noticeable regardless.

If you're using Henry even 10-15% less per game, his overall effectiveness stands to go down substantially. The offense will have to adjust somehow.

#49 Carp, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think Brian Hill along with Evans can help ith Henry's workload.

As far as Julio, I agree he's not a #2 neither is Brown, so instead of trading for Julio and the contract it will take why didn't we draft a decent #2?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar