Titans hire Mike Vrabel as Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

So, your theory is that his 2016 HC coaching target was a positional coach with no experience as a HC and no experience as a coordinator? So, you're agreeing with me that his master plan was to find the nearly former Patriot and cling to the for dear life in hopes that they'll come on board?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"This is the first time I got everyone I wanted."--Mike Mularkey, regarding his opening day staff with the Titans.

Good thing they had a plan that worked out perfectly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just made that up tho. I don't know if he had Vrabel in mind when he took the GM job here. But it will be dope if Vrabel works that Patriot magic in TN for us..

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

It's probably because he was already there as the TE/Interim HC 2 years right? Just a guess.

5. DaCost

DaCost Starter

It's been embarrassing so far he has no plan and guys are rejecting him left and right.

It's been very dissapoining to say the least.

• Boring Boring x 2
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well, we don’t know what his plan is and it would be dumb of him of we did. Not sure we can say guys are turning him down left and right when we don’t know if they even made an offer to Bettcher and Day wasn’t going anywhere. It was worth a run at Day, but in the end he was already where he wanted to be so...

7. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Who's to say that JRob ever wanted McDaniels? It's a possibility, but AFAIK was never vetted.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah. I don't get the idea that McDaniels was #1. We've had two HC searches with Robinson. McDaniels has never been in for an interview. Mularkey was fired after the window had passed to interview McDaniels. JRob knew this.

Everyone assumes because they were both with the Pats that it was an easy hire. They could have very easily butted heads while they were there.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

It's a new era, AAS is letting Jrob do his job and making the calls as the GM and I'm sure Vrabrel wants to get the right guys to help coach the team rather than going after outdated dinosaurs. Trust the process...

10. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I understand but I'm not the only one feeling a little bit uneasy about this right ???

• Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar