Titans have no money for Simmons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RockyTop Fox, Nov 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

He’s a 1st round pick with a 5th year option he’s not going anywhere next year

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

AJ brown was under contract when we traded him I thought?

3. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Oh I thought you meant just not paying him, I don’t think they will trade Simmons. When they traded AJ Brown I believe they made a choice between the two. They will find a way to pay Simmons. I don’t think Big Jeff will make a scene until then

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

The Titans will pay Big Jeff

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don’t think he’s great either, I was addressing your question of who might the titans be able to get if THill is let go after this season.
    I fully agree, it won’t be a Willis show, nor should it be.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

It was meant that the Titans didn't have the money this year. They can cut Woods, Lewan, and Cunningham and save 37 million next year. We will definitely resign Simmons in the offseason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

If Tannehill wins us a playoff game or two this year, he will definitely be back next year. QB’s are impossible to find and Tannehill is in the top half of NFL starters whether you want to believe it or not. With an improved offensive line and weapons, Tanny can do enough to get us there.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Exactly, not that they can’t resign him in the off-season. Several big salary/name players will move on, like Lewan that will free up space.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

And clearly Willis needs at least another full year to learn (if he ever does).

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Carp

Carp Starter

So do we. Great RB, promising young's WRs, outstanding defense when people are healthy.

We don't have Sean McVay calling plays though, so we'll need to replace Downing too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar