Titans FA assessment

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

you can take it back anytime youd like, but both those guys come with limited abilities.

Yes theyre better than the sh*t heads we had last year but whats that really saying about them...?

"Better than what we had" is basically an insult.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

You say we can't, and I'm not disagreeing with that.. but just because we say we can't doesn't mean they won't. It'll be bad.. but it's still a possibility at this point.

3. JCBRAVE

If Jon Robinson allows Poutasi on the field as a Tackle he should immediately be fired.

Poutasi is too slow and inexperienced to face NFL edge rushers. Hide his deficiencies between a Tackle, and Center at Guard

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Poutasi was set up to fail last year. You can't expect a rookie to take on Watt and Vernon one on one with no help. A change in blocking scheme/philosophy could certainly help him out. But I agree that he should be penciled in as a OG and 3rd string RT hopefully....not the starting RT as last year. Horrible roster management by Webster

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Personally, I still think Poutassi has a chance. He was drafted a little high by us, but he has the size and power.. just needs to refine his technique. As you said throwing him at the wolves probably wasn't the best idea. Louis Vasquez is a must sign, IMO. Pencil him in at LG. Plus, Tunsil at #1 is still likely.

Tunsil-Vasquez-Jones-Warmack-Lewan

IF that lines chemistry gels, it could be one of the bests league-wide. Plus with Poutassi & Schwenke backing up we have some depth in case of injuries. Heck, I'd bring back Byron Bell if he'd resign for a decent deal.

Offense has some potential this year, Robinson just needs to finish this offseason with some balls.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That's why I said 7-12, you just listed 9-11 and said that'd be fine lol. LB depth is important in a 3-4, and they play all special teams as well.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

yeah but you're comment was that neither Hayward nor Gipson were good enough to be upset about missing out on. Shouldn't we be upset if we missed an opportunity to add the best available veteran presences that were better than what we had last year?

9. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Gallett
    I don't think the GM has much say when it comes to on the field stuff vs the coach. At least they shouldn't. That said Poutasi was drafted to be OG but circumstances forced him to T. I still have some hope they can coach him up at G but I think Vasquez may push him down the roster for depth at this point (IF Vasquez was signed that is).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar