Breaking News Titans extend contracts of GM Jon Robinson & HC Mike Vrabel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Feb 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This is actually a good move IMO. Many think I’m hard on JRob, but that’s only when the rhetoric is claiming he’s elite without any tangible basis. He’s been a bit above average trending upward but bad setbacks when some of his personnel decisions haven’t delivered.

in regards to Vrabel, I’ve never waivered saying he’s the guy to get us there. Don’t like his coach loyalty, but problems seem to get fixed and there’s no doubt he can stand in a firestorm and take it. He’s the guy. And I’ve always given JRob credit for getting him over Mularkey who knocked the Chiefs out of the playoffs at Arrowhead.

so I agree the extensions are well deserved. And AAS should get credit for that. She’s a good owner IMO. I sincerely hope the Titans can win it all someday under her leadership. I met her in the parking lot at Arrowhead when we knocked them off. She came back around shaking fans hands after the game. She’s solid and we’re lucky to have her.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Best coach in Titans history. But you hate everything this team does it seems lol

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Any idea how long they were extended for?

I’ve always been worried Vrabel would dart for Ohio State if given the opportunity. So naturally I have to hope Ohio State is good every year so that’s never an option.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

i guess the last two 1 and done's where his decision making directly impacted the outcome didn't really happen

i don't give a **** about #1 seed if you can't do anything with it

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No one said he’s perfect. But being “meh” about extending the best coach in our franchise history is weird. The 2 pt conversion did not cost us that game. Our QB shatting all over himself did.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Jeff fisher spoiled us and disappointed by going in reverse order.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Fisher had a 5 year span where the team went 56-24 with a super bowl appearance and 5 playoff wins. Bum Philips also had multiple AFC Championship game appearances. Any of them could be considered our best coach, but without championships it's like arguing who was the least bad.

Idk if Vrabel will get us there, and he might end up being remembered as the coach who blew one of our most talented stretch of rosters.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Vrabel would coach circles around Jeff Fisher. Fisher is literally made fun of nationally for going 8-8 every year.

Give Vrabel an MVP QB and see what he can do. Fisher had some damn talented teams too.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Good I guess as they have got us to be a contender annually. Some of Vrabels in game decisions are infuriating though.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar