Game Day Thread Titans @ Eagles GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

You can't be serious

2. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I can't understand ppl complaining that Mariota threw nearly all of his EIGHT freaking passes to one wr. Keep in mind two of the passes were designed to get the ball into Humphries hands. The other two were good reads that resulted in positive yardage and converting on 3rd down. Another one was essentially a throwaway. The 4th down play was the best option to get the first down without Mariota trying to use his legs to extend the play. I hate having to breakdown preseason so much because of knee jerk observations

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Why do you even care about internet points anyways lol. If we move on from MM8 I can't wait to see everyone crying because the team is trash again then we will draft bust after bust again. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side. If we can extend Mariota on the cheap because of play or whatever we need to take it. Keep building the team up through the draft and retaining our good players.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I agree. I have no interest in tearing any titans qb down. I just want the best qb starting on Sundays, whomever that may be at any given time.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Can't retain the good players if your paying a QB big boy money who isn't producing. That's just a fact of the NFL. The production we have been getting is easily replaced, as seen by at least one rookie outperforming him every year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Oh yeah, if we can get Mariota for around 7-9 mil a year, I say take it and run with it until we do find the one. Not sure, even if he is not good, he will take 7-9 mil though. He is getting 20mil right now.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Yeah, I’ve pretty much moved on from Mary, but he does have this season to prove otherwise. He has it, but hasn’t consistently showed it. Then the injury thing as well has been a let down. If he performs well this season with the weapons he has, then we have to lock him down. Personally I don’t think it will happen, but I’m just some dude watching from home.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo

no starting qb is playing for 7-9mil
    your understanding of nfl salaries isnt quite there

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yeah, hate to pile on here but that is backup money for QB’s. Andy Dalton is the lowest paid veteran starter, at $16 million per year. And I would take a banged up Mariota over Dalton on his best day any day of the week.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Oh I agree completely. He is going to want a lot more than we should pay him. Let some other team be the sucker.

He is a really good back up or a bad starter. It is what it is.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar