Smack Titans Don't Know How To Coach Marcus Mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SenorMariota, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

This is the NFL, man. This is not baby league. Where's the supporting cast? If they have the players where's the domination? I know about the new offensive coordinator and what he's trying to do but if Mariota still fails it doesn't necessarily mean that Lafleur was GOD, ok? It doesn't mean that they did all they could do for the lad. I think if Chip Kelly can get him to a major bowl with sub-par players then you would think with good players he should be able to go all the way.

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

So if Mariotas anything less than dominant it’s everyone else’s fault is what you’re saying?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Yep, it was Helfrich. Kelly only coached his freshman year.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm pretty sure if Mariota fails with his third OC that means Mariota isn't very good.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 520

Makes total sense. His team won in college. Wonder how we could possibly sign all those aformer ducks since they were much better than what we have now

Gonna be contacting a lot of car dealers

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Come on son. I think Mariota was like 12 when my wife was at Oregon. Gross.

Btw, I'm usually nice to everyone on this forum. But you're a dickhead. Leave his guy alone and go cyberbully someone else. Or better yet, don't.

• LOL LOL x 3
  7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I expect marcus to be much better with a real nfl cord. As far as kelley goes he ucla has been top 10 recruiting for last several years and they looked awful today and 0-2. Job done with goff last year is what I hope for with us I think we have been holding back!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 520

This guy a old grandpa following around his favorite college qb

That’s what’s gross

9. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

Mariota needs to run the ball 10-15 times a half. He needs to throw screen passes and forward shuffle passes about 5-10 times a half. Got to hand the ball off to a receiver in motion about 3-5 times a half. Need to go left and right with ball fakes, QB keepers, quick short passes and RB runs. Wide run pass options to pass, run or pitch. You got to mix it up, folks. Off direction passing in the slot a must, When Mariota goes back in the pocket he needs to run up the middle often to keep the defense honest. Have him throw that long bomb 2 or 3 times a half even if the receivers aren't open. You can't have the defense guessing correctly what he's going to do every time. Lafleur needs to write all this stuff down on little pieces of paper and throw it all in a hat and mix it up with his fingers and one by one pull a piece of paper out and write it down in his playbook. Mix it up, have a list of plays. My GOD, please help your QB out.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 2
  10. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

Add some salt to taste and you have the recipe to Slaughtered QB soup. :facepalm:

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar