Titans Defense and Chuck Cecil

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

IMO our best team under fisher was 2003.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

good point about Moss & why are you asking me?

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If you're right and for 4 years the Titans were the best team how do you explain we didn't win any Superbowls.

Isn't it because Fisher had the best team on paper but was out coached?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

This thread turned in to a Fisher related topic in a hurry....

'bout Cecil. Just because he was a good player, didn't translate into him being a good coach. I think it was thought that since his playing days got him labeled as one of the dirtiest players in the NFL that players would automatically respect him. I think he was in way over his head. Red Hat was a very smart defensive coord., and now he's showing some of his smarts in Detroit, then Cecil steps in and is more of "one of the guys" in my opinion than a coach. I mean really, not many coaches in the league flip off officials. lol

And where is Chuck coaching today? .... 'Nuff said

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Found two of Chuck Cecil's game plans from 2010

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Stop blaming Cecil and Fisher. It was clearly CJ's responsibility to overcome their idiotry and lead us to victory. Just ask GoT. He'll tell you.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Reading this whole thread just made me realize how good our defense might be this year since they don't have to deal with the mess we had last year.

8. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

wow...griffin

9. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

nice screen, harper actually hit somebody

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Best team doesn't always win. Trust me, I'm damn sure not a Fisher apologist. But I also won't deny that he was the HC of a dominant team at one point. Perhaps the best team in the NFL was a bit of a reach, but there's no denying that we were very good during that era.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar