Titans Cutting Humphries

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Not sure if he is joking, drunk, or ignorant.

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Nah. We will have a blend of cuts and restructures to get some room. It won’t be a bloodbath.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

That Taylor dude had a stretch of games with the 49ers where he had a TFL. I think he is a talented dude that is always hurt.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I think the writing is on the wall for either Butler or adoree, we'll need that extra 10 mil. I think it should be Butler, but who knows at this point. I love JR, but he's made some really head scratching decisions before.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I still don't understand why people would want to cut Butler.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

They are looking only at his contract number and that cutting him is the only option. Butler was our most consistent defender last season. He is a prime candidate for a restructured contract.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Butler is a restructure candidate provided he wants to stay...he had a good year, could he get more $ somewhere else if he's cut?

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

At his age, the best bet is a restructure and lock down the guaranteed money. If he gets a decent offer from another team, the guarantees won’t be there.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

Restructure Butler. Extend Jackson. Resign Davis and Brown. Restructure Lewan. Cut Vaccaro. Our cap is not all doom and gloom. We can easily restructure and end up with 30 million to work with. Broadway sports has a good breakdown of the cap

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We need to find any and everyway to keep Butler in Nashville. Butler still has a year or 2 left in him. If he loses a step in that time, I think he could be a serviceable slot CB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar