Titans, Casey Agree to Multi-Year Contract Extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

The @Jurrellc deal includes four new years. It's not two on top of pre-existing two. #Titans.

MUCH better deal. Just ripping up the current contract would have been very questionable.

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

i think jrob did this because aaron donald is holding out and is about to drive that price wayyyyyyyyy up. obviously casey would get less than donald but whatever mega contract donald gets is sure to raise the bar for casey too

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Well deserved.. Been such a great addition to this team from day 1.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Jurrell Casey is a Titan for the next 6 years.. he might be a Titan for his entire career!

Seriously can't say enough good things about this guy. To me, he's the ideal athlete both on and off the field. An incredibly hard worker and the results show.

I remember a few years ago his agent wanted him to holdout.. this was before he got that original deal we just added 4 more years onto. He refuses to holdout. Said he couldn't imagine not being out there with his brothers.

This new deal should cement Jurrell goes down as one of my all-time favorite Titans.

Give me 53 Jurrell Casey's, and I'll give you a super bowl.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

It's not common to see extensions with two full seasons left on a deal, is it? Maybe it is but the Titans roster has just been **** for so long I've never noticed it lol.

Anyway, he had a down year last year, but happy to see him get entended. He said he's really worked on strength this year and with all his experience and skills, could be poised for a great year.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What's crazy is that, I bet he doesn't even slow down. A lot of athletes book it in when they get that heavy contract. I foresee him still playing at a high, if not higher level.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Great move, I'm happy. Casey is a class act and always gives 100%.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

Someone needs to point this out to Cory Davis.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

Well he did say he really focused on strength and lifting heavy this off-season. I think that will really show this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Sigh, my second favorite Titan got an extension when I wanted my favorite Titan to get one. Oh well I guess I'll just go bang my hot girlfriend and cry myself to sleep. #NoBadDays #ILoveYouLewan

#30 TheBisco, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar