Titans agree to terms with OT Michael Oher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

[​IMG]
    Wouldn't mind seeing Sandra Bullock come with him

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I loved watching her walk away...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

since when is ruston scuffling? he's made a ton of good moves since being here.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

"The media" hated our off-season moves last year and are seeing this year as a continuation of those failures. I don't care what they say I think we did a great job last season and are doing at least adequately well this season.

5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

agreed. i'd take ruston doing his thing over the "dream team" like the eagles were and raiders will be. also, as soon as manning quits, the broncos will be screwed for years. oh and he'll never get them a ring.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Roto World always hates on our moves.. They talk down on Webster often. He's had his FA mistakes (Hutchison & Wimbley immediately come to mind) but he's been a pretty good drafter.

I'd be extremely upset if Webster were be to let go.. He's an above average NFL GM. I'm 80% sure any other GM we'd hire would be worse.

I have a ton of faith in Webster. Smart football guy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pretty sure Hutch and Wimbley were Reinfeldt's doings.

8. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

ImATitan Webster will always have to carry it on his shoulders that he was not able to bring us Peyton Manning and instead settled for Charlie Whitehurst. Doesn't sit too well, but other then that I think he's done amazing bringing in defense guys, the staff, and D Walker

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

We had no business going after Peyton only reason it was even close was because he and Munch hit it off. He was never gonna choose us over Denver and San Fran.Had we not wasted our time with that nonsense we could have improved our team more.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree with Levitre and Greene getting too much, but unfortunately to get "good" veteran players to come here, overpaying is usually part of it.

So while teams like the Pats would never offer that much to those players, they would never need to. They could've called Levitre/Greene (if they needed either player), and those two would have immediately accepted that visit invitation and likely accepted less money than we offered because they buy in to everything that team has to offer.

There is an advantage of having a championship history and a disadvantage in not having one.

The Browns have to overpay everyone too. I hate to use them as an example of a team on our level, but players around the league would consider us pretty even.

We need a good team in place to even have the right to lower these offers a bit. No one is going to come for a visit and accept a lower offer.

Also, it was pointed out earlier that teams are required to spend 90% of their cap (I had not realized it was that high), so we are needing to spend the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar