Post-Game Thread Titans 25-Redskins 16

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think it was a kind of misleading post. He started by agreeing Gabbert is poopy. If your starting QB is in comparison w/ Gabbert, your starting QB is poopy.

Based on how little Gabbert gets paid, he has earned his meager paycheck in the limited opportunities to see the field (that's good). Mariota has not played well enough to earn a $20 mil per season paycheck. I still see that it may come his way.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

He's a Jrobd apologist and MM8 hater yet loved Dudd more than anyone. So, his takes are always rather trash.

I like to keep some consistency here and I think MM8 needs more time in the new system. I think he's shown he can play and win. I really wish he wasn't so fragile. Maybe its best to let him play out 2019 and see. If he's lights out, extend but if he's missing more than 5 games then move.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Letting him play out the 19’ season is my take as well. If he plays well enough the Titans don’t have to draft a QB 1st round in 20, then they should be set. If he plays poorly enough, he’ll be gone and whoever gets drafted in 20 will be the new hope.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Look at the teams who have 3 consecutive winning seasons and consider how many have extremely unproductive,.often injured QBs. None. I apologize for not being an idiot and blaming the GM for the mediocre QB drafted by the previous regime.

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Yep. Loves him some JRob and hates Mariota.

6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

How about that below average GM over paying players who have way under performed on the O line? How about the wasted draft picks especially drafting Falk while we could have added depth to O Line or D. What about the absolutely huge whiff and miss on the 2nd round drafting your lover boy scrub Dudd?

Could have made a move to grab Amari but he was scared to go after it. Yet, we need wide receiver help and he continues to grab scraps from the practice squad. Nick Williams makes that easy TD catch and we'd be at 10 wins right now.

But I am not sitting here griping about our QB that got hurt and claiming the back up is better. I am happy we're at 3 winning seasons and I think a lot of that has to do with MM8's help which you try to minimize and think we'd be having this success without him.

7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Charmin soft.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

At this point, the verdict has to be meidocre. He's just alright.

Can you win a Superbowl with him? Probably. If you build a team around him.

Is he worth anywhere near what he will cost to resign? In my opinion, no.

He has flashes of brilliance. Good leadership. Great in crunch time.

But he's hurt too often, and part of the reason he gets so many shots at crunch time is because he never does jack crap for the first three quarters. The defense holds the other team to give him a dagger shot very frequently.

Honestly, I think we can do better and would not renew the deal. Even the same or worse on a cheap rookie deal is better than expensive and mediocre.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar